OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > The Range Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Very disappointing...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 14:33
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i thought you couldnt see pictures on your computer?

only ones through photobucket.  Uploaded pics are fine.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 14:36
Thats a pretty simple looking 50 if there is such a thing.  Havent seen that company before.  Accurate?
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 14:43
I have not had an opportunity to shoot beyond 200 with it yet, but it is well under 1MOA, so far.  If you look at my SS10xHD review, there are some recent pictures of a target at 100yds testing the turret click values....

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 14:57
I wonder what the real Elvira looks like today?? I think I will look her up, Ive always been a Elvira fan myself....I like the 50BMG version of Elvira Dan, very cool. I wish I could shoot it, maybe just before I go in for neck surgery I will contact you.Roll on Floor Laughing..

Dan what model Zeiss do you have on the Lott, I just ordered another one from SWFA 2 days ago. Mine is a Conquest 4.5x14x44 Rapid Z 800, I will send it off to have target turrets put on it, then off for dials.......

Edited by JF4545 - January/15/2010 at 15:00
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 15:37
Originally posted by JF4545 JF4545 wrote:

I wonder what the real Elvira looks like today?? I think I will look her up, Ive always been a Elvira fan myself....I like the 50BMG version of Elvira Dan, very cool. I wish I could shoot it, maybe just before I go in for neck surgery I will contact you.Roll on Floor Laughing..

Dan what model Zeiss do you have on the Lott, I just ordered another one from SWFA 2 days ago. Mine is a Conquest 4.5x14x44 Rapid Z 800, I will send it off to have target turrets put on it, then off for dials.......

Julio,
  It is a 4x32 MC with Z-plex.  I just very recently got it and mounted it.  It is really a very good scope.  I didn't want to scope the Lott, it performs well enough in good light, but in low light the front sight was just too tough to see.  I passed on 4 deer early in the season this year because of the front sight.  Now that I have the scope, I have only been hunting once and didn't see anything.  

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 15:41
Thats quite a round for dear!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 15:46
Best deer rifle I have ever owned/used.  Cleanest kills, deer just drops.  I did get a .458 WinMag in case I wanted to use something a little less "heavy".  

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 17:50
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Thats a pretty simple looking 50 if there is such a thing.  Havent seen that company before.  Accurate?

Anzio is an outfit in Florida that specializes in some really BIG calibers.  50BMG is a peepshooter by their standards.

They are good guys and they make some very good rifles.  I spent some time with them a year ago when SHOT was in Florida, and I came away positively impressed.

ILya
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 17:59
The 20mm is a "HOSS".  I've not been able to convince my wife I need one of those, YET... I'm working on it.  
I will be there next week...

RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 09:36
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I'm going to shoot it with the Lott, next.  I suspect that will create "a mess"...  If not, Elvira needs some limbering...

I doubt it, Dan.
 It's rotten and hollow. It isn't offering enough resistance to blow up when shot with the Swift. All the .458 and .50 will do is punch .458 and .50 caliber holes through it.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 09:47
fill it with dirt and then shoot itGrenade
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 09:57

Good idea!

JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 12:02
I like the Zeiss scopes too Dan, good choice. I own 2 of them now and would buy another. It looks good on your rifle too!!!
Sandracer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 14:36

Put a ballon inside and fill it with water! You need to get someone to get a movie of this and share. The 50 should do the trick!

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 16:38
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I'm going to shoot it with the Lott, next.  I suspect that will create "a mess"...  If not, Elvira needs some limbering...

I doubt it, Dan.
 It's rotten and hollow. It isn't offering enough resistance to blow up when shot with the Swift. All the .458 and .50 will do is punch .458 and .50 caliber holes through it.
Guys, i was just joking on the above, physics doesn't change in my backyard (though I have attempted a few times to alter it)...
Actually, when I first shot it, it was filled with "mush" from the insides rotting.  It had mostly turned to liquid on the inside, would "slosh" a little, but not much because it was so full.  It all gushed out when I shot the bottom.  There was probably six cups of liquid in it...

To get a really good "explosive" effect it would have to be sealed so that the non-compressible liquid would have to burst out under the pressure from the projectile.  I've tested this a number of times on gallon jugs.  There are some that have screw tops, some with press on tops.  Those with screw tops give a much better display than the press on topped jugs.  I've even tried duck taping the press on tops down with only meager satisfactory success.  Super glue works pretty well, though...

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 18:41
Shocked  Dan used to have an ant colony when he was younger.
   Now he has a collection of magnifying glasses. Smile
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 18:48
I don't know, the .22 made a pretty decent little show with an open soda can filled with water! Proved my point about hydraulic shock to the kids!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2010 at 15:05
Hollow points? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2010 at 16:05
Nope, regular ole Remington .22 vipers,with semi-wadcutter, solids. One round split out the entire back of the can!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2010 at 16:06
More than anything, was trying to show that it is more than "just a .22"!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic