OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Clothes For My Compact CDP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Clothes For My Compact CDP
    Posted: January/12/2010 at 23:29
Three months ago I decided that since this is one of the last pistols that I will likely ever buy that it deserves fancy new clothes. The pistol is a Compact CDP with an STI short trigger and Esmeralda's cocobolo slim grips. The Holster is a TT-Gunleather Mike's Special and the matching pouch with shark trim.

I have to say that the build quality and fit of ths holster is absolutely first rate. Every bit as fine as my two Milt Sparks holsters. But the Mike's Special rides far lower than my VM2 which is exactly what I wanted. Another thing that impressed me is that he shapes the belt loops to fit thicker belts than my VM2. The loops are actually shaped like a small "d" to make snapping them over a think belt a breeze.

Overall I'd rate their design 5 out of 5 stars; their workmanship a 5 out of 5 stars; their prices are quite low for a 5 out of 5 stars; and customer service a 5 out of 5 stars. Tim's work is getting popular and wait times are now up to 20 weeks. To me it was well worth the wait.

Edited by sholling - January/12/2010 at 23:59
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2010 at 06:40
looks nice.
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2010 at 09:29
Thunbs Up
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2010 at 10:16
Esmeralda's cocobolo slim grips-muy bonito!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 05:33
Lovely!
I love WC mags too.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 08:46
Congrats on a great looking pair. I'll have to check out Mike's T T as I'm soon to be needing a new set-up myself. Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic