OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Who makes the SS? How good is the Bushnel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoLaneBlackTop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2005 at 21:37

Do you mean the 10x40 Bushnell Elite 3200 with the Mil-Dot reticle? It's not a bad scope but it is in no way shape or form as good as the 10x42 Super Sniper.

danieltex View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieltex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2005 at 21:04

I happen to own both a super sniper and a Bushnell 10x40 3200 elite mil-dot.The bushnell mildot is inferior in many ways-wire reticule, very small mildots,no adj. parallax correction.

This does not mean it is a bad scope, though.Just not as well specified as the SS.I would say the lenses are of actual better quality and are optically the equal if not better than the SS.

It depends on what you are doing with it, what its sitting on and how much you want to spend.

I've bought both and both serve me well, but if i had to choose it would be the SS.

If i can see it, i can hit it!
fgolebiowski View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgolebiowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2005 at 15:10

I learned about the Super Sniper scopes about five years ago.  After doing my own research on them, I purchased one.

I have my SS10x42M mounted on a hybrid Remington 700P/AICS .308 caliber rifle in Leupold Mark 4 rings on a Leupold Mark 4 one-piece base.

Upon closer examination of my scope, prior to mounting it, I noticed a small sticker applied to the body identifying the manufacturer. 

My kudos to the wise folks at SWFA for picking up on the Super Sniper scope and making it available to those of us seeking a quality tactical optical instrument at a very affordable price as opposed to allowing ourselves to get caught up in the marketing hype of other companies offering more costly yet not superior scopes marked as tactical.

I’m eagerly awaiting the variable Super Snipe scopes. 

Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic