OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Western Extreme 50cal Hunting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Western Extreme 50cal Hunting
    Posted: January/11/2010 at 13:41
Saw a cool show on Outdoor channel called Western Extreme came on this week  and is replaying all week as well its abohut hunting deer with a 50BMG and taking a shot at one at almost 1000yds.  Pretty good show. FYI
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2010 at 19:12
Would have like to see thatr one.  I caught a show about log cabins,  I watched out of interest in maybe one day being able to build a hunt cabin.  Show critiqued multi-million dollar log mansions,, made me sick!  High lite of show was a 12 million dollar cabin on 10,000 acres of prime hunting land in Montanna,  Privately owned hunting reserve one of americas top CEO.  Again made me sick!   What a waste.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2010 at 20:32
I wonder what it's like to be able to afford a 12 million dollar cabin on 10,000 acres.  I bet you have to hire an army to take it back from poachers every time you leave.  

Wonder what kind of crooked stuff he does - probably something that got bailed out with taxpayer money.   Crazy isnt it.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2010 at 22:22
In that case, there can't be any poachers because we all really own it...  Where is it??? I want to go see my new hunting property....
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2010 at 23:54
I thought the show was interesting but I have to say that it isn't really hunting more like shooting esp. when the guy walks out of his car set up a rest and get yardage from someone else, etc, etc. Maybe for some it would be exciting by IMO that is not hunting
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2010 at 00:27
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

In that case, there can't be any poachers because we all really own it...  Where is it??? I want to go see my new hunting property....
Hope you invite me over to hunt it with you .Cool

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2010 at 06:06
You guys make sure you have some black guns with you if you do! The place is probably protected with extreme prejudice!  And with 10,000 acres there are plenty of places to hided the bodies! 

Kirk you saw the same show?  Absolutely beautiful mansion and land all for one ego!  Made me want to target practice on corporate america!  They can afford multiple places like that and then have the audacity to tell us its the american workers wages and medical benefits that are crippling corporate america!  Makes my blood boil!

Edited by budperm - January/12/2010 at 06:07
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2010 at 08:07
How the rich live!!!

We managed to put one such fraudster behind bars for defrauding the state with our billion $$$ arms deal. Our current president was also implicated, but he wriggled out of it. After only two years this dude is out on bail.
First thing he does is book into a $6750 a night game lodge! Yes USD6750. What do you get for that?????????
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2010 at 08:28
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

You guys make sure you have some black guns with you if you do! The place is probably protected with extreme prejudice!  And with 10,000 acres there are plenty of places to hided the bodies! 

Kirk you saw the same show?  Absolutely beautiful mansion and land all for one ego!  Made me want to target practice on corporate america!  They can afford multiple places like that and then have the audacity to tell us its the american workers wages and medical benefits that are crippling corporate america!  Makes my blood boil!

Bud... THEY are, OBVIOUSLY, worth it.  The workers, on the other hand, only make the "stuff" and get it out to the market...  What's that worth??  pennies...  dang greedy working people...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2010 at 09:07
Shame on us!!!

For letting those crooks get away with it!
--Thomas Jefferson

Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2010 at 14:29
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Kirk you saw the same show? 

Yea I saw that show
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2010 at 15:21
I saw the last 5 minutes of that show last night. Guy killed a buck (mule deer I believe) at 908yards with a 50BMG rifle. I wasn't cool with it until I realized that the deer did not suffer. It was dead before it hit the ground. As for the rest of the hunt, I didn't see it so I can't comment.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic