OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leopold VX-7?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhbdvm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leopold VX-7?
    Posted: January/07/2010 at 23:00
Hello I am new to the forum.  I have done a search on the leopold vx-7 and was not able to find any recent views on anyone who has actually used the vx-7 and there opinion.  I am entertaining the Zeiss conquest and diavari but also very interested in the leopold vx-7.  Can anyone give an opinion on the Leopold VX - 7.  Thank you in advance.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 08:08

From the reviews I have seen and the reputations I think the Diavari is going to be slightly superior glass and would edge out the vx-7.  Try to find a local shop that has them and go look through them then order from SWFA for the best price.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 08:17
get the diavari if you can afford it and dont look back
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 09:40
SWFA will price match... I assure you that they will provide better customer service and they also provide a forum...this one.... for you to enlarge your knowledge and talk to other optics folks for good feeback and user reviews.  If you buy from anywhere else than SWFA your shooting yourself in the foot per say.
bhbdvm View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhbdvm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 10:14
I want to apologize for posting competition.  I did not read the print and it is my mistake.  I also did not realize connection between SWFA and opticstalk.com until just now.  Of course, I should have figured that out.  It is obviously true (except to me earlier) that SWFA does offer a 110% low price guarantee.  I do sincerely apologize for not paying attention.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 10:28
No worries at all welcome to the OT and enjoy!
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 11:38
I put my foot in my mouth and posted a flier of the 110% price guarantee at the club.SWFA can't honor anything that is closeout or a wholesale club.Discontinued scopes fall into that clause also.The VX-7 is a good scope I believe they use similar glass in the new VX3.Leupold has an exclusive policy with the VX-7 if you have a problem they send you a scope while your scope is being worked on.So there is no down time waiting for a repaird scope.Just buy the Zeiss and forget the VX-7.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 12:08
Originally posted by bhbdvm bhbdvm wrote:

I want to apologize for posting competition.  I did not read the print and it is my mistake.  I also did not realize connection between SWFA and opticstalk.com until just now.  Of course, I should have figured that out.  It is obviously true (except to me earlier) that SWFA does offer a 110% low price guarantee.  I do sincerely apologize for not paying attention.

No problem and welcome to O.T.
I removed your post and Pyro's with the competitor link and prices.

Doug
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 12:10
thanks doug!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 16:12
I agree, not a whole lot of talk on the vx-7, I'd love to have one.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
NV Hunter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NV Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2010 at 13:27

If you’re looking in this price range, have you considered the new Leica ER riflescope?  Might be a possibility... The boys at SWFA can help you out and give you all the technical info on the new Leica.  NV Hunter

bhbdvm View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhbdvm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2010 at 09:49
Well I looked hard at the VX-7 and decided against it.  It is a beautiful scope and the glass was crystal clear and slightly brighter and with more contrast than my Zeiss Conquest at low light.  But the scope is too heavy for my rifle and application (deer hunting with a lot of walking).  I would need to use the intermediate base and rings which would have put a 19 ounce scope even higher on my Browning X Bolt .270win.  I also believe some of the weight in the VX-7 is probably due to Leupold's desire to make this a rugged scope for possibly higher caliber rifles and my .270win just isn't that big of a recoiler.  Long story short is the VX-7 is a beautiful and worthy scope just not the right scope for my rifle at this time.  Just my opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic