OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tasco Super Sniper warranties dead?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c5_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 10:10

$200 is a terrible deal if they want to keep the current scope, it has a tiny spec of dirt in of the corners inside the glass somewhere.  I was more concerned about why they said the scope was fake. 

Some of the questions in the tread have been answered now though.  Tasco Super Snipers are without warranty, it did not follow new owner of line or new ower of Tasco (Bushnell). There are not fake super snipers, just the SAME scopes were sold in the UK under NIkko Sterling name, and maybe in AU under another name, and Tasco at the time.  Then later by Tasco as a "Tasco Tactical".  Less clear are how to tell the differences between when a SS was a tasco and when it was a SWFA (?).  Ryan
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 10:13
Oh sorry they wanted to keep the old one.  I figured they had sent the old one back and then said we will sale you a new SS for $200.  Thats what they did with one of my returns to them on time. Had 1 new and 1 that was usable but had a slight defect in the reticle.
c5_nc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c5_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 10:45
Thanks, I will suggest they check and see, I'm not sure if that was an option or not.  I had sold this to someone as a Tasco Super Sniper with the tiny spec already there at a discount and they desided to try to return it to get the spec off.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 11:43
Good luck
c5_nc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c5_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2010 at 10:18
FYI, just to update if you have a pre-SWFA Super Sniper do not send it in Bushnell Customer Service.  They have siezed the scope and will not return it.  They are sending a 40% off certificate now?  The is happening to the buyer of my old Tasco Super Sniper.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2010 at 10:22

That messed up it would seem they would have to return it its your property.  I would get him to call and talk to someone in charge.  They can't legally seize his scope period.  There has to be more to it.

c5_nc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c5_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2010 at 14:23
After another angry call they agreed to sent it back.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2010 at 14:27
Any explanation on why they were trying to keep it???
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2010 at 14:30
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Any explanation on why they were trying to keep it???

the guy evaluating it probably wanted to keep it for himself Bucky
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2013 at 11:27
Yeah funny how that works....isn't it!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2013 at 15:46
Holy crap Bud,

Did it take you three years to come up with that one?

Whacko
-Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic