OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tasco Super Sniper warranties dead?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c5_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tasco Super Sniper warranties dead?
    Posted: January/06/2010 at 08:07
Does anyone know how the warranty work is being handled on the old Tasco Super Snipers that were Made in Japan.  They were sold with a lifetime waranty at the time.  I'm not sure if SWFA picked up support for the line, if it is Bushnell's responsiblity since they own Tasco, or if everything was just voided when SWFA bought the line.  I have never been able to figure out when a Tasco SS became a SWFA SS when buying used (since they shipped with Tasco paperwork for years) so would like to future purchases since apparently you have to have a  new purchase reciept for it get work done?   I recently sold one of mine and buyer returned to Bushnell to have a spec of dirt removed from the recticle(there is a small spec of dirt smaller than a mildot in the corner).  Bushnell told them scope was a counterfiet and offered a new Super Sniper for $200.  I'm 99.99% sure its not, glass, knobs, adjustment range are consistant with every other Super Sniper I've owned (pre-08 improvements), and the scope in age pretty much pre-dates of the exsistance of Chinese counterfiets.  Are there counterfiet Super Snipers on the market, this is the first I've heard of this.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 08:45

Older SS scopes did have a few chinese copies if my memory serves me correct.  I would call Bushnell and ask them what makes it conterfiet.  i am sure some others will chime in but if it is indeed a copy then I would jump all over a new SS for $200 if it isn't they shoud replace it for free.

c5_nc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c5_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 08:56
Maybe Bushnell sees so few old Super Snipers they assume the Tasco or old models are fakes of the SWFA models?

Not going to take the trade offer, I'm pretty sure its not a copy, even it was its so close its worth about the same to me.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 09:00
I haven't heard of new SS clones but I would PM chris farris and ask him about that or call him at SWFA.  Even calling Bushnell would help but  unfortunatly you will have to probably hold for 10-20 min when calling them.
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 09:01
If it said made in Japan it's authentic the counterfiet models are very few and like the Leupold have the letters painted on the scope.Kind of looks like the Burris FFII letters which makes it look cheap! 
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 11:20
I thought that this would have had a "sticky" by now... Do a thread search as this gets asked about twice a year.
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 11:21
when in doubt call swfa
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 11:23
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

when in doubt call swfa

+1
c5_nc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c5_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 13:07
Originally posted by silver silver wrote:

I thought that this would have had a "sticky" by now... Do a thread search as this gets asked about twice a year.

I searched before I posted not realizing forum software by default only goes back 6months so I just did it again going back all time (which appears to go back 5+yrs and found) and pretty much none of this has been addressed that I can find:

Are there fake Tasco Super Snipers? No results to answer this, none reported by members at least
Is SWFA warrantying Tasco Super Snipers? Does not appear to be clear, they say they do, don't worry about registration card, etc but it apparently that is not the case or depends on other things.
How do tell the difference between a Tasco SS producted before and after ownership changed hands?  No Answer from results
Is there a difference in warranty between these? No Answer from results.
How to tell if a Tasco SS is fake? No Answer from results.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 13:10
Don't mind Silver, he likes to post comments like that but is not willing to actually share the info he acts like he knows.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 13:10
Have you PM'ed Chris Farris?  or called him?
biggreen747 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 13:33
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Have you PM'ed Chris Farris?  or called him?
+1 - Get it straight from the person with the authority to comment.... And when you do ask him to post something here. I think you have a good and legitimate list of questions.

Edited by biggreen747 - January/06/2010 at 13:35
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
c5_nc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c5_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 14:11

I've been waiting to hear back from Chris and/or Brady.  I realize they are busy and it may take a while to get back to me, and its probably an issue with Bushnell and not them.  The person that actually owns the scope now has gone through regular CS channels at SWFA and has apparently not gotten anywhere from what I've heard.  So I though it was probably better to check with others or Chris. Only posting that b/c of all the contact them comments in the thread, I have already done that and just waiting for reply.  I'll tell them about the thread, I thought other people may have gone through same things before.  Its not the end of the world, but I will probably have to buy back the scope I sold and no longer need b/c Bushnell/SWFA is falsely telling the person its fake.  I would still like to know though since I will be owning it again and frequently in the past have bought and sold used SSers.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 14:46
I understand completely what you saying and will wait to see if this is resolved for you  Please keep us updated on your findings and then we can sticky this thread or future users.
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 17:03
I thought rule #6 states that The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.

And from my experience and what I have read SWFA takes very good care of its customers.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 07:36
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

I thought rule #6 states that The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.

And from my experience and what I have read SWFA takes very good care of its customers.
Noted but i guarantee you that its a good way to get up with Chris who will advise what he should do to proceed.  They are very hands on and quick when it comes to the SS line as its "their" brand and its one Chris would want to know about.

Edited by SVT_Tactical - January/07/2010 at 07:36
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 07:43

Noted but i guarantee you that its a good way to get up with Chris who will advise what he should do to proceed.  They are very hands on and quick when it comes to the SS line as its "their" brand and its one Chris would want to know about.

Really, I would have thought a phone call to SWFA would have been faster. But that is just me.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 08:05

Really, I would have thought a phone call to SWFA would have been faster. But that is just me.

You are right there. It would be quicker but I am not sure he take calls all the time? he may, I just dont know.  Plus its long distance for most as they dont' have a toll free number (hint, hint)
c5_nc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c5_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 09:24

FYI, heard back from Chris and he said there are no fake super sniper scopes and Bushnell only provides warranty service to super snipers that were sold after SWFA took over. 

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 09:38
Good to know.  I would take the offer to buy a SS for them for 200 then if you dont' want to then i will buy it from you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic