OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Tell me about the ortex crossfire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tell me about the ortex crossfire
    Posted: January/05/2010 at 18:15
Toad View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2010 at 18:17
Woops Hit the wrong key! Darn laptops! 

What I mean to say was tell me about the vortex crossfire 6x24 that swfa has on sale for $99

I just bought one after reading some favorable reviews and am looking for some more info/experiences...
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2010 at 18:21
I have had one on a heavy kicking magnum spring airgun. The reliability has been good for over 500 rounds.
The glass is way beyond it's class for that price. Also, the mil-dot I have is very friendly for the low light pest control I use it for.
It rates a definite buy in my opinion.

Doug
Toad View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2010 at 19:18
Im putting it on a marlin xs7 in 7mm-08 mainly for plinking and testing different loads for my new toy... I have read some favorable reviews on the crossfire and for the price I figured why not!!! I got the rifle for less than 300 dollars so this is my new budget rig. So far I really like the way the rifle shoots. Cant wait to put a higher power scope on it and see how it does over 150 yds

GetSome View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetSome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2010 at 22:22
All right, you guys talked me into it.  I just ordered one, I have been looking at this scope for a while now, and with 338 LAPUASLAP's great review and now you guys talkin about it I just couldn't stop myself....so THANKS GUYS.Thunbs Up
Oh ya, this will be going on my RRA AR15 in 223 with a 24" heavy bull barrel and a 1 in 8 twist with the Burris AR P.E.P.R. that I ordered from SWFA when it first came available.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2010 at 22:24
the nice thing about vortex is the warranty they have. i just put a viper on my .375H&H and cant wait to try it out.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
biggreen747 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 08:59
Well I broke down and bought one too ($99.00 Crossfire), it should be here today or tomorrow.. If its as good as everybody says I may need to get 1 or 2 more before they are gone forever. I am putting it on an H&R Ultra Varmint 223 that I bought last year with the intended purpose of creating a target/varmint rifle w/scope for less than $500.00. The hard part was finding a scope and rings for less than $185.00 that would do what I wanted. Rifle = $315, Scope = $99. Leupold QRW Rings = $49.00, Grand Total $463.00. It will all come apart in seconds and fit in a takedown type case as well.

Edited by biggreen747 - January/06/2010 at 08:59
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 09:09
The Cross Fire is ok but to be honest the Center Point is a better value comes with scope covers and mounts and the optics are in the same class. 
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 17:13
Tagged for interest.
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 17:45
Centerpoint what??? Never heard of 'em.
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 10:34
I got my Vortex yesterday... A heck of a scope for $99.00. Good clear glass all the way to 24x and nice precise adjustment turrets. Buying a second one looks like a good excuse to get a new rifle somewhere down the road..
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 10:48
Originally posted by biggreen747 biggreen747 wrote:

Centerpoint what??? Never heard of 'em.
There made by Crosman the company that makes outdoor equipment and air guns.Many of the large outdoor/sporting goods stores carry them.I own two scopes and there rated to 416 Rigby mag recoil.You should check them out.SWFA should carry them since they would fit in a market for inexpensive but good scopes under $100 that includes flip-up scope covers and mounts.Excellent
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic