OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New S.S.?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New S.S.?
    Posted: January/03/2010 at 10:00
I read over on "The Hide" where SWFA was bringing out a 6x42 S.S.. Any word on its arrival? To my understanding, it is using the old M.O.A. turrets. Just wondering, if y'all had any info?
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2010 at 23:25
I seriously doubt that will happen since the 3-9x42 FFP covers 6x.   I asked for years for a 6x Super Sniper because 6x42 gives 7mm exit eye pupil and would be bright in low light.  You can always order a FX3 Leupold 6x42 with either M1 or covered target knobs from the custom shop.  If we see additions to the Super Sniper line they would likely be variables  hopefully some day a low power variable and a high power variable but even those are not a sure thing at this point.  We talked about the current 3-9x42 variable for several years before it became reality.  Start to finish it takes most manufacturers two to three years to go from drawing board to sellable product.   However you never know - I though a fixed 6x made more sense than the fixed 20x but time will tell.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 04:57
This is why I ask.

SWFA Offline 
Staff Sergeant 

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883
So are the original SS's (10, 16, 20) be discontinued sine the 10X42 HD is now out? That'd be a bummer, as they are arguably the most proven entry level scopes for those that can live with mildots with 1/4 moa clicks.

I figured the OP was asking about the original (non-HD) 10X42's since he mentioned "under $600".....

The original line up is not discontinued, in fact we're expanding them by adding a 6x42 next year.
Mil-Dot.com 
SampleList.com 
OpticsTalk.com
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 09:52
Cool!

I do not see if the post was made in late 2009 or early 2010 - so cannot comment on the "next year" portion of the message.

A 6X would be a nice scope to have in many situations.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 10:13
Get Your Popcorn Ready
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 14:44
Get Your Popcorn Ready   HMMMMM  --  guess I'm out of the loop on thiis one.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 15:14

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 15:15
I'm gonna PM Chris to get his input on this topic and find out that user if he knows.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 15:23
Interesting.

I was thinking of rounding out my S.S. assortment by buying the two versions I do not have.  Perhaps, I should add one more to the list.

ILya
glock24 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glock24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 15:34
Sure would be nice to get a S.S. variable with 12x or even 14x on the top end.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 15:34
Man...y'all don't miss a thing do ya?

We have had many request over the years for a 6x42 version of the original SS (one of them being Wes, I didn't post it here 'cause I wanted to surprise him).

We found a way to do it with out having to engineer the scope from the ground up by using many components of the 10x42.  So the price will be the same as the 10x42.  It will use the rear parallax adjustment and MOA turrets.

We should be getting samples in soon, not sure when production models will be here.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 15:40
Thank you sir, let the drooling begin! Start the sign up sheet!

Edited by SVT_Tactical - January/04/2010 at 15:41
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 15:52
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

Man...y'all don't miss a thing do ya?

We have had many request over the years for a 6x42 version of the original SS (one of them being Wes, I didn't post it here 'cause I wanted to surprise him).

We found a way to do it with out having to engineer the scope from the ground up by using many components of the 10x42.  So the price will be the same as the 10x42.  It will use the rear parallax adjustment and MOA turrets.

We should be getting samples in soon, not sure when production models will be here.

How interesting....

I like 6x scopes, so I'll get one when it is here.

ILya
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 16:01
Sahweet, should be a dandy scope for most uses with the .223 and .308s type rifles.  Thunbs Up
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 16:10
wes is going to have perma wood now!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 16:13

My crystal ball shows a huge SS line in the future! lol

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 16:19
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

wes is going to have perma wood now!

I thought the variable SS guaranteed that...

ILya
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 16:24
i dont know ilya, id almost swear that wes would take the 6x42 first.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 16:49
Hmm, now if only that 4-16 would materialize. Big Smile
Reaction time is a factor...
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2010 at 17:03
Originally posted by jonoMT jonoMT wrote:

Hmm, now if only that 4-16 would materialize. Big Smile

Yippee
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic