OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

IOR illimated ret not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IOR illimated ret not working
    Posted: January/02/2010 at 09:42
Hi,
I hope someone can offer some help on here, or a quick fix.

I have a 4-14x50 IOR with illuminated reticule but the red dot no longer lights up. I am not too sure about the age of the scope it has the blue band behind the magnification ring.
Will i need to send it back to you guys, just wondering as it will leave me without a scope for a while on my foxing rifleSad

John 
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2010 at 09:57
did you check the battery??
dougy5 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2010 at 10:47
Er !  yes,

come on give me some credit. LOL

yes the battery is OK and the new one i checked it with also there is no power going to the unit so i assume the switch is US
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2010 at 11:10
Did you turn the battery over to make sure it was in the right way.  (I'm not suggesting you dont know what you are doing but I paid Nikon about sixty bucks to tell me the battery was backwards in my rangefinder one time - its the kind of learning experience one doesnt forget).  

IOR is made in Romania if you are UK you wouldnt be sending it here to the US.

WhistlingGood reason to buy Trijicon.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - January/02/2010 at 11:12

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2010 at 11:18
If it is not the battery, you have 3 choices:

1.  Contact IOR and accept that you might have a new scope  in 2 weeks or you might be scopeless for 6 months.

2.  Run it as a non-illuminated scope and be happy that is the only problem and the glass is so good for the price.

This is the joy that is owning an IOR optic.

Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
dougy5 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2010 at 11:27
I gather from the helpfull advice that you are the proud owner of a Trijicon scope well done on your purchase, my choice was an IOR, because, in my opinion it was a good scope for the money .
I am sorry to hear you having to pay 60 bucks for the embarresment having put the battery in the wrong way round.
Yes the battery is in the correct way round, and fully charged and the red-dot switched on, and checked in the dark, with the scope caps removed, and i manged to remember to open my eyes whilst i looked through the scope.

Thanks
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2010 at 11:30
I've owned IOR and Trijicon.  Ufriend owned a Trijicon that he sent back, but it is such a great product and failures are so few, he still recommends them, as do I.

You can live with your scope as a non-illuminated scope, or star talking to Val at IOR.

Sorry for your troubles.  It is good glass though, ain't it?
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
dougy5 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougy5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2010 at 11:45
Yes i can still use it, its an added bonus though whilst lamping. specially in low light, i find the cross hair too fine and difficult to see.
I am very impressed with it glass is excellent,Excellent first bit of trouble in 5 years 
i can see me having to buy another one, Dam more money spent on my hobbyWink

I'm off out in a bit some folk have lost there poultry thined out by some fox's
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic