OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Rings for Kimber of Oregon .223?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagerDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rings for Kimber of Oregon .223?
    Posted: December/28/2009 at 21:05
I recently aquired a Kimber of Oregon .223.  It has the grooved receiver top set up for Kimber rings.  It came with a Leupold VXII 2x7 Compact (c).  Though it looks nice (proportional), I really need more magnification.  At the range, the rifle seems to shoot as good or better than the magnification will allow. I'm going to need higher rings for any of the scopes I'm looking at 940mm objective).  Who makes rings to fit?  The factory rings look very nice.  Cost isn't a major issue, but money's money at the same time. 

Once I've secured a source for rings, I'm ask you guys about scopes.  The Weaver Classic V in 6-18 seems to have everything I really need.  The glass just may be a sleeper.  I've usually had Leupold and higher end Bushnells.  The Vortex Viper intrigues me too.  Do you guys know of something a bit compact, but has a big enough objective for at least 12X?
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2009 at 21:57
I had Millet ring mounts on the one I had. 
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic