OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Awesome trophy bowhunt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awesome trophy bowhunt
    Posted: December/25/2009 at 19:51
 I ran across this video by a couple guys in Montana. It really drives home the spirit of Trophy Big-Game hunting at its' finest. One of the better ones out there, and makes me want to take up bowhunting again.
 Enjoy!
 edited to hotlink

Edited by RONK - December/25/2009 at 19:52
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2009 at 20:25
Bowhunting at its finest!  Wow! what a shot, huh?  Bucky

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
GetSome View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetSome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2009 at 20:39
That was pretty good lol Robin Hood
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2009 at 00:26
Funny. I WILL have a new bow by the end of January.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2009 at 14:44
Makes me want to dust off the ole bow and go for a stalk !!
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2010 at 19:55
Roll on Floor LaughingGreat!!  The mountains in the opening shot and background are the Bridger Mountains right by Bozeman where I live.  Been gopher hunting in almost that same spot.  Anyone that want to come out, I will take you for a trophy hunt!
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
biggreen747 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2010 at 21:06
Helo - We should get together and shoot gophers sometime. Even though I now live in CO I grew up in Bozeman and a-lot of my family still farms and ranches up there.
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2010 at 21:40
Originally posted by helo18 helo18 wrote:

Roll on Floor LaughingGreat!!  The mountains in the opening shot and background are the Bridger Mountains right by Bozeman where I live.  Been gopher hunting in almost that same spot.  Anyone that want to come out, I will take you for a trophy hunt!

I kind of suspected that's where they were. It looked a lot like the terrain in some of the photos you've posted in the past!

Pretty tough to "draw a tag" for that area, though, the way they talk!

Biggreen 747- You ever get back there hunting much?
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2010 at 21:46
I wish I did but most of my hunting now is CO, NE and SD. Not that any of those places are bad hunting.
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
extGamer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote extGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2010 at 01:32
Bow Hunting is the coolest way, Need to be really sharp, strength and concentrate. Gotta do some good hunting this weekend :D
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2010 at 14:31
That is great RONK.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2010 at 22:14
Originally posted by biggreen747 biggreen747 wrote:

Helo - We should get together and shoot gophers sometime. Even though I now live in CO I grew up in Bozeman and a-lot of my family still farms and ranches up there.

Anytime you want.  I am always up for a gopher hunt, or any other type of hunt you want.  Is there any story behind you name?  Makes me think of the Evergreen 747 supertanker.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2010 at 22:15
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

I kind of suspected that's where they were. It looked a lot like the terrain in some of the photos you've posted in the past!

Pretty tough to "draw a tag" for that area, though, the way they talk!

Well, I could probably pull a few strings and get you one of those tough to draw tags.  Wink

GEORGE WASHINGTON
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2010 at 17:00
 You have "connections", eh?

I sure hope it doesn't involve making someone "an offer they couldn't refuse"...!
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2010 at 09:35
" Is there any story behind you name?  Makes me think of the Evergreen 747 supertanker."

I fly the 747 freighters for EIA. I know those airplanes well. N470EV a 747-200 was the original supertanker, they have now put it back on the line as a freighter and converted a -100 we retired from the airline to supertanker config. 

Edited by biggreen747 - January/22/2010 at 17:43
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2010 at 22:08
Bet it would be a rush flying that low and dumping weight that fast.  I would love to get a job flying or even working with aircraft.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
LTChip View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTChip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2010 at 16:35

Bet it would be a rush flying that low and dumping weight that fast.  I would love to get a job flying or even working with aircraft.
Helo - do you fly in MT for fun?
I am in Helena and got my private pilot done last year.  Such a great place to learn to fly (and to go flying).

On the gopher note - I shoot them up in Townsend and it is great fun.

I actually have a favor to ask if you could hook me up with some places or land owners near Bozeman to access gopher shooting.  My brother and 2 friends are coming to BZN to ski with me at Big Sky but we have the first afternoon open and I thought I'd try to find a place close to Belgrade to take them gopher shooting.   All my places are up near Helena or in Helmville.

Appreciate any help.
LTChip View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTChip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2010 at 16:35

PM me if you can.  Thx.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic