OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Need help choosing a rifle scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matappassamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help choosing a rifle scope
    Posted: December/25/2009 at 02:29
Hello,

I have 300 Winchester Mag. rifle that I use for hunting and I'm planning to change the scope!

I don't really know which one to choose as I can't really test them from where I live. I would be ordering it on Internet!

I can afford a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40mm. I also saw the Bushnell 3-9x50mm.

Could you please help me to choose the best one or also tell me if there is a better scope in the same price range.

I thank you all in advance and wish you all Happy Holidays! Wink

Mathieu
Mathieu
matappassamy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matappassamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2009 at 02:36
Originally posted by matappassamy matappassamy wrote:

I also saw the Bushnell 3-9x50mm.

Sorry it's the Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn 3-9x40mm 
Mathieu
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2009 at 09:22
The prostaff is a nice scope, the bushnell 3200 and the burris FFII are also quite nice in the under $200.00 price range.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2009 at 09:48
How about the new Weaver 40/44.....??  

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2009 at 13:51
Koshkin is doing a inexpensive scope review as we speak, It'll be interesting see the outcome.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2009 at 13:55
 with the two scopes you mentioned i would be very hesitant to place them on the .300 win.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
diggler1833 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diggler1833 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2009 at 14:07
I know that it isn't really what you might want to hear, but for reliability reasons you might try looking into a fixed 4 or 6 power Leupold.  They are about $100 more though, which may be out of your budget.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2009 at 14:12
for $15 more than the nikon you can get the 3200 elite which will be just fine for your .300win and for like $20-$25 more you could get a burris FFII which would handle it too.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2009 at 14:19
Ive had a older Burris Fullfield scope for many years and shot lots of Deer with it...I would think the Fullfield ll is much better today....No, they are not a Swaro but they are a great scope for the money and they will do what you ask from them!!....  

PS The FFll was on a 7mm Magnum the whole time, for whatever thats worth..........    

Edited by JF4545 - December/25/2009 at 14:20
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic