OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

super sniper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-PLAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: super sniper
    Posted: May/03/2004 at 20:23

I was just wondering if you have SS scopes in stock and how long would take to get one?

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2004 at 10:40
All models are in stock ready to ship today.  If you order before 4:00 central Next Day Air you can be shooting with one tomorrow.
D-PLAN View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-PLAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2004 at 18:46

I putting the super sniper on a AR-15 flat top just wondering what height and what kind scope mounts that i should use? thanx

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2004 at 10:53
D-PLAN View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-PLAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2004 at 21:42
I was just wondering about GG&G rings or tps products? Are they just as good as leupold&badger ordance.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2004 at 12:16

I feel that Badger is the ultimate.  Leupold and GGG are or a distant second and third.  Not sure about the TPS.

D-PLAN View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-PLAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2004 at 06:35

I have got a super sniper now, I was wondering how do you sight the scope in with those kind of turret knobs?

also on the bager ordance scope rings is there a toque on the bolts&hex screws..  

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2004 at 15:27

I have got a super sniper now, I was wondering how do you sight the scope in with those kind of turret knobs?also on the bager ordance scope rings is there a toque on the bolts&hex screws..

After mounting and boresighting your SS scope proceed to sighting it in by shooting at a target 100 yards away.  The target knobs are marked as to which way to turn them to move your bullet's impact to where you were aiming on the target.  Once you have it hitting where you were aiming then loosen the three tiny allen screws around the perimeter of the knob.  This will allow it to spin freely with out engaging the gears that actually move the reticle.  Spin them around and line up ZERO to the reference line facing you.  Then tighten the allen screws back up and your good to go.  Now if it ever gets turned or you are adjusting for a different range you will be able to turn the knob back to "ZERO" and know that it is sighted in at 100 yards again.

The Badger rings should be torqued to 15 inch pounds on the 4 scope screws and 65 inch pounds on the mount screw.

Badger mounting rings and bases instructions one and two in an easy to print pdf. format.

YoungGun13 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungGun13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2004 at 16:04
I'm a newby to the site and need some help, i want to scope out a Remington PSS in .308 with a scope that i can shoot at 200 yds with.  I want 1'' groups at 200.  I need a scope that will put me right on the page.  Are all the SS fixed powers?  Now i have a 10-40-50 on my AR, and i need to know if i can adjust my scope for 10 through 42 zooming power depending on the distance i am shooting at.  I do not understand the concept of fixed power scopes, could you please help me out and point me towards a tactical scope with the sort of power i am looking for?
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2004 at 11:13

Yes....all the SS scopes are fixed power unlike your tasco 10-40x50.  The SS is 10x magnification with a 42mm objective lens, yours is 10x-40x with a 50mm objective lens.  If you want high magnification and quality optics in a tactical package its gonna cost ya.  You really should try a fixed power, most 1000 yard shooters including the military use a straight 10x scope.

D-PLAN View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-PLAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2004 at 09:58
I have the 16 power super sniper i was just wondering when you are rangfinding if the 16 power is the same as a 10 power? when looking at a  target at 200 to a 1000 yards away.  the 16 power makes the target closer then the ten power is that make rangfinding wrong with the 16 power and wright with 10 power?  HELP!
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2004 at 13:45
The mil dot reticle is modified to work properly in the 16x and 20x.  All three models subtend the correct 3.6 inches at 100 yards and function identically, only difference being the magnification.
kolt45 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolt45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2004 at 10:30

Hi Chris, I'm ready to order a Super Sniper from you but I'm having trouble picking the best and most versatile power scope for what I will be using it for. The scope will be mounted on a RRA ar15 and used mostly for PD hunting at 100+ yards. Which would be the best for me, 10x42 or the 16x42? I'm leaning towards the 16x42. A reply today will let me order the scope today. 

Thanks

Ted in Wi.

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2004 at 15:33
The 10x is the way to go......trust me.  The most common mistake people make is over scoping.  You will get a wider field of view, better eye relief, exit pupil, light transmission, more adjustment travel.  All of these things make it much easier to use and more enjoyable.
redneckbmxer24 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneckbmxer24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2004 at 16:47

i agree with chris, get the 10x, you wont be dissapointed.

cory

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic