OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - scope: PENTAX Gameseeker 4-12x40 what do you think
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

scope: PENTAX Gameseeker 4-12x40 what do you think

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blastcm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scope: PENTAX Gameseeker 4-12x40 what do you think
    Posted: December/20/2009 at 19:59
thinking about getting a
PENTAX Gameseeker 4-12x40 Riflescope, Matte Black w/Penta-Plex Reticle

http://www.opticsbestbuy.com/Pentax-Gameseeker-4-12x40-Riflescope-Matte-Black-w-Penta-Plex-Reticle-89720.html

for a
Winchester wildcat target/varmit (.22)

good combination?

i know little about scopes so any feedback is helpfull

my main use for this gun will be squirrel and other small game hunting
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2009 at 21:01
http://swfa.com/Mueller-45-14x40-APV-Riflescope-P9136.aspx I would recommend that you look at this and check out the reviews. For the Money I think you would be ahead with the Mueller. I tried a Gameseeker and wasn't happy with it. I bought the above and found for the money IMHO- to be a better buy.....
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
blastcm View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blastcm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2009 at 21:20
thats great but the things long 13" can it take the recoil?
Altrisk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Altrisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2010 at 07:27
I got my 4-12x40 Gameseeker last week. It is now on my .303 Lee Enfield. The eyepiece is huge! The glass is pretty good up to 10x magnification, then it gets a bit out of focus. Zeroed it in 3 shots. Now I am hoping it will handle the recoil.
Longarm View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2010 at 15:15
Originally posted by blastcm blastcm wrote:

thats great but the things long 13" can it take the recoil?
Recoil from  .22? What recoil? I would stay away from anything Pentax,bsa,simmons,etc.
hometheaterman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Dolphin Overton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hometheaterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2010 at 22:30
Isn't the Pentax Pioneer MT or whatever that Bestbuy.com is selling supposed to be the exact same scope as a Burris Fullfield II? If so why would you stay away from it?
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2010 at 19:41
I put one on a tikka 308, nice clear glass, good positive clicks, took 3 shots to sight it in, and another two shots for the lens to pop out of the ocular housing! Its back at pentax as we speak!
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2010 at 20:13
Originally posted by tman1965 tman1965 wrote:

I put one on a tikka 308, nice clear glass, good positive clicks, took 3 shots to sight it in, and another two shots for the lens to pop out of the ocular housing! Its back at pentax as we speak!

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Altrisk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Altrisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2010 at 01:46
Originally posted by tman1965 tman1965 wrote:

Oh no! Not Good. Before I mounted the scope, I noticed the objective bell could be unscrewed. My friend thought it was made like that to fit a screw-in sun-shade, but that was just shoddy workmanship. I have now tightened that fitting as much as possible. Did you loose the back lens?
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2010 at 19:02
no, didnt lose it, or break it, it just popped out...but that is some sure enough shoddy workmanship IMHO, and told me all I need to know about them. 
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic