OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Weather Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Lots of White Stuff!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 16:30
When building my Camaro, I broke 2 Muncie trannys, a Centerforce clutch and a rear end in 2 weeks. Now it's parked until I figure out what it's going to take to keep it together.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 16:50

I am beginning to realize your a muscle junky!  2 muncies!!!!! whats your 'maro got in it? Blown 396? Or did you go all the way ....502???  Muncies can handle quite a bit.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 17:00
Trigger you'd probably get along with my son great.  Before college he took a year off and built a 400hp 2.8liter turbocharged strait 6 E30 motor for his '84 325e BMW.  Done on a shoestring, he built his own ECU from Swedish kit, Custom fuelsystem rail to HP Pump in gas tank.  handmade custom intake to supercooler and turbo.  Ran sweet too!  Scared to crap out of me!!!  Wasn't enough so he sold it and is now builting anew using one of the turbos of a dodge Cummins with variable vanes.  This time he is shooting for 600+HP.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 17:31
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

I am beginning to realize your a muscle junky!  2 muncies!!!!! whats your 'maro got in it? Blown 396? Or did you go all the way ....502???  Muncies can handle quite a bit.

No 502 unfortunately. I just got the little motor. A 396, that's getting a new solid lifter (possibly roller) cam, and new intake. The muncies held up just fine until I put the cheater slicks to it. Took it to the strip, and sidestepped the clutch at 4000 rpm. That took out the clutch, and twisted the car so bad, I had to straighten the door hinges, because the door didn't want to open. Subframe connectors are in order. After getting it back together, I hit third gear, powershifting, as I'd always done, but with the slicks the tires didn't break loose, the tranny did. Then, being as smart as I am, I tried it again.........and got the same result. I would like to send the thing to nelson race engines, and let them play with it. You should see the stuff these guys build. Here's their video page.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 21:26
Interesting transition.  From snow to trucks to muscle cars...

At least no one can be accused of having a one track mind.  Random thought processes, maybe...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 21:52
More like wandering short attention span!

How's that grizzly working out for ya?
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 22:09
Originally posted by trigger29 trigger29 wrote:

No 502 unfortunately. I just got the little motor. A 396, that's getting a new solid lifter (possibly roller) cam, and new intake. The muncies held up just fine until I put the cheater slicks to it. Took it to the strip, and sidestepped the clutch at 4000 rpm. That took out the clutch, and twisted the car so bad, I had to straighten the door hinges, because the door didn't want to open. Subframe connectors are in order. After getting it back together, I hit third gear, powershifting, as I'd always done, but with the slicks the tires didn't break loose, the tranny did. Then, being as smart as I am, I tried it again.........and got the same result. I would like to send the thing to nelson race engines, and let them play with it. You should see the stuff these guys build. Here's their video page.

MAn, that place is Sick!  Gotta say you do have some expensive hobbies.  Its gotta keep ya pretty busy!
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 22:24

More like wandering short attention span!

How's that grizzly working out for ya?

Fabulous saw.  Wish I had gotten one a long time ago.  Lori loves it...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 22:26
Having one with some weight does make it nice.... as long as you don't have to move it!
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 22:27
We got the model with the training wheels...

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 22:30
Smart move, If its a cabinet saw it weights about twice what you do!

When do you hit the road again?
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 22:34
Well, just looked outside. Steady snowing with about 1/2" on ther ground so far.  Your supposed to get some of this too I believe, aren't you Dan?
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 22:35
i got my new grizzly master catalog the other day, if i win the lottery im ordering one of everything in that damn thing.

back to cars, i love to watch the barrett jackson auctions on speed channel.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 22:36
Way too soon... 
i have to go meet my team leader and I have several test events I have to accomplish before April.

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 22:46
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

i got my new grizzly master catalog the other day, if i win the lottery im ordering one of everything in that damn thing.

back to cars, i love to watch the barrett jackson auctions on speed channel.
Tell me about it!  My son went to college in Williamsport, PA about 2.5 hours drive north of here.  The Grizzly headquarters was across the street from his apartment!
They are always having showroom deals and sales.  It was hard to stay away from there when I visited.  Now he graduated and I saw a big factory sale add in the paper and want to take another drive!  Bucky
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 22:49
WHOAH!  Just noticed the time.  Am half watching Horns & Tide game but I need to get my butt to bed.  5am comes early!

Night gents........tomorrow!  Howdy
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 22:58

Well, just looked outside. Steady snowing with about 1/2" on ther ground so far.  Your supposed to get some of this too I believe, aren't you Dan?

We got snow... Huntsville is CLOSED...

trigger29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 02:36
How much snow does it take to close Hunsville Dan?

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 05:48
Two Flakes and one of them lives there year round!  Bucky

Is your deer season over yet Dan, Bama's season is LONGGGggg!

Would be nice to be able to hunt your property with some snow on the ground!

Edited by budperm - January/08/2010 at 05:49
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2010 at 05:55

Looks like I got about 2.5" of snow last night.  Side streets are covered but mains are clear.

Schools all on 2 hours delay so the commuting traffic was sparse!  parking lot at work was tricky.  Invisible 1/2" of slush made it an adventure in the dark.  Car did fine but when I got out and truned to shut the door I did the limbo and almost ended up slidding under the door!
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic