OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski strap?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epeorus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swarovski strap?
    Posted: December/13/2009 at 22:12
I recently purchased a pair of Swarovski 8x30 SLC 's (not neu) off of ebay.  They came with a bino-buddy style harness which is great for hunting all day, but I'd really like to find an original style strap for those times when I'm not wearing them all day.  I don't see them listed on the Swarovski web-site and I'm not that interested in the neoprene model.  Any ideas?

Best,
Jim
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2009 at 22:22
Originally posted by epeorus epeorus wrote:

I recently purchased a pair of Swarovski 8x30 SLC 's (not neu) off of ebay.  They came with a bino-buddy style harness which is great for hunting all day, but I'd really like to find an original style strap for those times when I'm not wearing them all day.  I don't see them listed on the Swarovski web-site and I'm not that interested in the neoprene model.  Any ideas?

Best,
Jim

Call Swaro and ask 'em.  800-426-3089

Side note: I had the 8x30 SLC (older model) and I didn't like the OEM strap it came with.  Eventually I called Swaro and bought the strap for the newer model 8x30 SLC. For me, it was a way better carry strap.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2009 at 08:25
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2009 at 11:29
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

http://swfa.com/Swarovski-Carrying-Strap-P6154.aspx
Maybe this will help.

That's the new style one I was speaking of (even though it says for EL). Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
epeorus View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epeorus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2009 at 11:37
Thanks for the pointers guys.  I'll just try calling Swaro. The harness I have is is good for extended viewing.  I just want a more or less regular strap (not a wide neoprene one) to put on them when I have them in the car.  Not something to carry them around all day, but just something to keep them around my neck when I get out to take a look at something.  Now that I posted this I realize it's actually pretty silly to even care about the Swaro label.  ... But Mike, maybe you'd like to sell the older OEM strap you didn't like.

Thanks again,
Jim
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2009 at 12:03
Originally posted by epeorus epeorus wrote:

Thanks for the pointers guys.  I'll just try calling Swaro. The harness I have is is good for extended viewing.  I just want a more or less regular strap (not a wide neoprene one) to put on them when I have them in the car.  Not something to carry them around all day, but just something to keep them around my neck when I get out to take a look at something.  Now that I posted this I realize it's actually pretty silly to even care about the Swaro label.  ... But Mike, maybe you'd like to sell the older OEM strap you didn't like.

Thanks again,
Jim

Jim, sorry, when I traded the old SLC's in, I included the old strap. I kept the newer one as a backup to my other Swaro bino's.

You can check with SWFA to see if they sell generic carry straps. If they don't you can check a camera store or there's a hunting/fishing catalog place I know of that does.
NDhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2009 at 18:10
Check out the Optech straps.  Lots of styles, quality made in Belgrade, Montana, that is right in the USA.  Very nice value.  There is something there you should like.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2009 at 18:30
Originally posted by NDhunter NDhunter wrote:

Check out the Optech straps.  Lots of styles, quality made in Belgrade, Montana, that is right in the USA.  Very nice value.  There is something there you should like.

Those are nice I have one on my SLR camera.  Thunbs Up
Nitrosteel View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nitrosteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2009 at 18:46
How do you like the binoculars?
epeorus View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epeorus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/21/2009 at 00:25
I love these used  (new for me) Swarovski 8x30 SLC's.  I just carried them for two days climbing out of river canyons in eastern Oregon chasing chukar.  Impeccable optics (though maybe not quite as good as the newest Swaro, Lecia or Zeiss binoculars on the market); great ergonomics, they are a pleasure to hold and the mechanics are just perfect; and maybe best of all, they are 2/3 the weight of the 10x42 Lecia Trinovids I've been carrying for the last 11 years or so.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic