OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Ithaca LSA 65

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetSome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ithaca LSA 65
    Posted: December/13/2009 at 13:32
I purchased an Ithaca LSA 65  25/06  with a Leopold 6x on it about a year and a half ago.  I am tired of the 6x and want to throw one of my variable powers on it.  My problem lies with the scope bases.  I believe they are weaver 61s and that is all that I can find for this rifle, but does not give me enough room to adjust for eye relief forward and back. Just wondering if you guys know of a one piece base or a front base similar to the 61 that may be about a half inch longer.  I hope my problem is clear, not to up to speed on all this stuff...thanks.
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2009 at 08:01
You may have to use extension rings.  Weaver, Millet and others make them to fit Weaver bases.  On older out of production guns like that Ithaca of yours finding new bases can be  a PITA.
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
GetSome View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GetSome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2009 at 19:40
I had never heard of such a thing, but turns out it's just what the Dr. ordered....picked some weaver extensions up from the local gun shop and they work great...only thing not to like is they are aluminum, but should be fine for now....Thanks Magshooter I really do appreciate it.Yippee
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2009 at 07:15
You are quite welcome.
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic