OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Congrats to MidwayUSA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Congrats to MidwayUSA
    Posted: December/09/2009 at 09:53
MidwayUSA Receives 2009 Baldridge Award

Columbia, Missouri -- MidwayUSA, a catalog and Internet retailer offering Just About Everythingâ„  for Shooting, Reloading, Gunsmithing and Hunting, was excited to receive word today from President Barack Obama and U.S. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke that it is one of five organizations to receive the 2009 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the nation's highest Presidential honor for innovation and performance excellence. "The road to greatness in America has been, and always will be, traveled by those who embrace change and work hard every day to be the best; the organizations we honor today with the Baldrige National Quality Award exemplify that spirit," President Obama said. "This year's recipients have shown how quality, innovation, and an unending quest for excellence help strengthen our nation and brighten the future of all Americans."

"What a thrill it is to receive this recognition from the National Institute of Standards and Quality," said Larry Potterfield, Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA. "Basic Training in the Air Force, back in 1971, was my formal introduction to the importance of establishing standards and processes and MidwayUSA has always focused on improving the way we serve our Customers. The Baldrige National Quality Award helps acknowledge we're on the right track for serving our Customers."

The Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award is given by the President of the United States to businesses-manufacturing and service, small and large-and to education, health care and nonprofit organizations that apply and are judged to be outstanding in seven areas: leadership; strategic planning; customer focus; measurement, analysis, and knowledge management; workforce focus; process management; and results.

Named after former U.S. Secretary of Commerce Malcolm Baldrige, Congress established the award program in 1987 to recognize U.S. organizations for their achievements in quality and performance and to raise awareness about the importance of quality and performance excellence as a competitive edge. Three awards may be given annually in each of these categories: manufacturing, service, small business, education, health care and nonprofit. For 2009, MidwayUSA is one of five organizations to receive the award out of a field of 70 applicants, and the only organization to receive the award in the small business category.

The U.S. Commerce Department's National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) manages the Baldrige National Quality Program in close cooperation with the private sector.

"Adopting the Baldrige Criteria has allowed us to develop and improve our processes for serving our Customers," said Matt Fleming, President of MidwayUSA. "Baldrige, in combination with other Modern Management Practices, has created a lifestyle at MidwayUSA where we continually improve our business for the benefit of our Customers. Our Vision is 'To be the best-run business in America' and our adoption of the Criteria for Performance Excellence from the Baldrige National Quality Program has certainly driven us toward accomplishing our Vision."
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 13:05
Congrads, To Larry and his staff.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 13:16
Their website was damn near unnavigable for several months, I guess their efforts elsewhere made up for that part of it.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 13:36
Interesting the Obama is giving a business award to someone in the firearms sector.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 13:44
Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

Interesting the Obama is giving a business award to someone in the firearms sector.

Just his way of trying to look good to the gun crowd before he tries to burn us.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 13:51
or taxes the hell out of it first
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 14:44
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

Their website was damn near unnavigable for several months, I guess their efforts elsewhere made up for that part of it.

Watch the second video located on this link and you will see where they DO accel.

JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 14:51
Burn, Tax, whatever it is its not gonna be good! I really have no understand of politics compared to most it seems. I do seem to have a knack for spotting a bullsh*tter though! It would totally freak people in this country out if politicians, including and especially Obama told the absolute truth though! This includes to stop practicing omission of the truth which is also dishonest, same as a lie, no matter how you want to suger coat it. I'll never forget those CHANGE chants or whatever you want to call them... It reminded me of a bunch of sheep following one another around, no one had any idea of what the hell it meant but just the word seemed to sound like it was supposed to mean something positive CHANGE, CHANGE..Kinda reminds me of Bush when he said, well never mind Im not gonna go there...Im just glad its not my job!!! Why would anyone want it..
  Back to the topic, I like Midway they have great service and if you want to cancel something thats backordered or send it back its very simple to do...Great Customer Service. Cabela's seems to make it more difficult to cancel backordered items, you have to actually contact someone plus there prices are higher...
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 14:57
Nothing like a well oil machine, reminds me of out Government.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 15:08
Originally posted by JF4545 JF4545 wrote:

Burn, Tax, whatever it is its not gonna be good! I really have no understand of politics compared to most it seems. I do seem to have a knack for spotting a bullsh*tter though! It would totally freak people in this country out if politicians, including and especially Obama told the absolute truth though! This includes to stop practicing omission of the truth which is also dishonest, same as a lie, no matter how you want to suger coat it. I'll never forget those CHANGE chants or whatever you want to call them... It reminded me of a bunch of sheep following one another around, no one had any idea of what the hell it meant but just the word seemed to sound like it was supposed to mean something positive CHANGE, CHANGE..Kinda reminds me of Bush when he said, well never mind Im not gonna go there...Im just glad its not my job!!! Why would anyone want it..
  Back to the topic, I like Midway they have great service and if you want to cancel something thats backordered or send it back its very simple to do...Great Customer Service. Cabela's seems to make it more difficult to cancel backordered items, you have to actually contact someone plus there prices are higher...

I use both Midway and Cabelas for certain things, their both excellent. The prices very with each company and what your looking for as to who's more expensive.

In my years experience with Cabelas, it's always been very easy to cancel  a "back ordered" or special order item(s). Pick up the phone, no big deal. The one negative that comes to mind with is Cabela's is they started charging sales tax a couple of years ago on their online/over the phone orders.

Edited by mike650 - December/09/2009 at 15:10
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 15:09
the only time i use midway is if graf and sons dont have the reloading supplies i need.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 15:16
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

The one negative that comes to mind with is Cabela's is they started charging sales tax a couple of years ago on their online/over the phone orders.

Yup, I was so excited when they got a store in Utah.  Then my internet orders started getting hit with sales tax.  That sucked bigtime. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 15:16
Im going to check out Graf and Sons, never been there. I will give it a try, just so I never have to ever go to Cabela'sBig Grin Pyro says 270's suck, I say Cabela's SucksRoll on Floor Laughing
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 15:27
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

The one negative that comes to mind with is Cabela's is they started charging sales tax a couple of years ago on their online/over the phone orders.

Yup, I was so excited when they got a store in Utah.  Then my internet orders started getting hit with sales tax.  That sucked bigtime. 

That's funny, when they opened the Reno store (Cali/Nevada border) that's when I started getting taxed as well. Roll Eyes
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 16:03

Originally posted by JF4545 JF4545 wrote:

I use both Midway and Cabelas for certain things, their both excellent. The prices very with each company and what your looking for as to who's more expensive.

In my years experience with Cabelas, it's always been very easy to cancel  a "back ordered" or special order item(s). Pick up the phone, no big deal. The one negative that comes to mind with is Cabela's is they started charging sales tax a couple of years ago on their online/over the phone orders.

Not only do they charge you tax, they charge you back tax!!!!  I have had a boat cover that has gone back 3 times because it weather rots and tears after 12 months in the elements... Well the last time I had to send it back they charged me TAX to return it and get another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   There is more to this story that I won't go into, but I will say that I do not do business with Cabelas any more.  They also DO NOT price match, unheard of these days.

JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 16:13
BanditoThats what Im talkin about!! They act like they are the only damn gun shop around...I do buy from em if  I HAVE TO, but I like other places better.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 16:17
The best part about Cabelas in my book in there credit card.  I use it to buy almost everything I purchase.  All the supplies for the bank I work at, all the computers I build for people and all the junk I buy for myself.  (yes I pay it off full every month)  Then with all the points I get I buy free stuff from cabelas.

So far I have a $700 electronic game call.  A pair of Meopta 10x binos.  A GPS.  Floormats for my truck.  3 pairs or Danner Pronghorn boots.  A gortex coat.  A springfield XD9 for my mom.  Dang I just love free stuff.  Big Smile

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 16:20
Uh..this was supposed to be a Congratulations to a fine family owned business not a commercial for Cabela's or Graff. 

Stare

Edited by Chris Farris - December/09/2009 at 18:18
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 16:22
That was a close one Mike.  Big Smile
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 16:25
Sorry, I love Midway and buy reloading and gun stuff from them all the time.  Really glad they got the award.  Embarrased

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic