OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

XOTIC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XOTIC
    Posted: December/08/2009 at 19:59

Sorry to beat this one...

I looked at old posts and did not know how this ended...

Are they available?

Was asked about them and was told that they look exactly like a Falcon Menace...Do not know if this is a story or if this is true.

I don't know a thing about them and I am wondering if anyone can clear this up. 

I will take the beating but I was just wondering...

Read on Xotic's Website about all the Top Secret hoolah and really kinda turned me off.

Sorry XOTIC "top brass"...

Just wondering about these I will try anything once.  I will only recommend based upon testing and trials not pictures...

Ultimate Sniper Scope

"X.O.T.I.C. (Xtreme Operations Tactical Instruments Corporation) set out to build the world's brightest, clearest, most durable, repeatable long range sniper scope in the world. Mil-spec requirements were not tough enough. The end result was a scope deserving of the title 'The Ultimate Sniper Scope'.

The U.S.S. was built around a one piece, aircraft structural aluminum, 30mm main tube. The optical glass must meet exacting standards before it is ground or coated. Every lens is polished, then fully multi-coated with non glare, high resolution coatings. Every seal is waterproof and can withstand the pressure of depths down to 66 feet in salt water. Pure dry nitrogen is used to fill the tube to prevent any chance of internal moisture fogging the lenses. A special finish is baked on to make the tube scratch resistant on the outside, eliminate light loss and prevent internal flaking under extreme recoil. A large torx head center screw holds the windage, elevation, and side focus parallax turrets. Windage and Elevation adjustments are in 1/4 M.O.A. increments with over 100 M.O.A. of elevation adjustment to easily allow the shooter to engage targets beyond 1,000 yards without using special bases. Extra effort went into the extremely tactile and audible turrets themselves to make sure they could be operated with or without gloves, easily being able to count clicks by ear and/or feel. The unbreakable, glass sandwiched, laser etched, mil-dot reticle has been placed in the 1st focal plane to allow the shooter to range and shoot on any power setting while maintaining proper mil spacing. A custom Power-Stop feature was incorporated that allows the shooter to stop on 10x without looking at the power selector. The U.S.S. produces an unsurpassed 5.6mm exit pupil on 10x that will allow you to easily shoot in low light, long range situations. 10x is optimum for long range shooting in the heat of the day when mirages can be an issue. The rubber edged ocular utilizes an oversized lug to quickly change magnifications and an easy to grasp, knurled fast focus eye piece that will allow the shooter to easily and quickly focus without having to rise up off of the weapon. The oversized side focus parallax turret is marked in yardage from 50 to 1,000 but has the capability to adjust for parallax beyond 1,000 yards while the shooter remains in the shooting position. The broad power range allows the shooter to easily locate targets on 4x with a super wide 23 foot field of view then zoom up to 16x if needed.

Temporarily Out of Stock

The United States Marine Corp's Scout Sniper Day Scope (USMC SSDS) contract has caused X.O.T.I.C. to drastically change their scope's design. The new version is still in the preliminary development stages and will be available sometime soon."

Ultimate Sniper Scope

So question is this Is the Falcon the XOTIC or are they just the same or similar tube in the same or similar design or layout with different internals and different glass. I know they changed the design from the Counter Sniper they use to make Vs. the Merlin 10x and similar scopes but the question is on the 4-12/4-14/4-16

Edited by 338LAPUASLAP - December/08/2009 at 23:12
No one
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 11:08
There have been so many questions about them. No complete answers have been forthcoming to this point. Perhaps the redesign was just too expensive, or maybe, it has been too time consuming. Yes there are so many likenesses between a few other scopes. There may be just the tube, and different components. Or there may be several scopes out there, that were sold to other upstart companies. I'm unsure if anyone out side of the parties involved knows for sure. I also doubt that information would be publicly available, and if it became so, would likely be denied as true, regardless of whether or not it were.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Mike McDonald View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 15:29
The XOTIC pic you posted is THE scope that was on my rifle for a full 7 years.  S E V E N whole years.  the falcon is a cheap immitation.
THAT XOTIC has;
Survived a thousand or so 50bmg recoil cycles
A thousand or so rounds on an un-braked 338 laupa weighing only 8.5 pounds
About 25,000 recoil cycles on a 16 pound 308
About 2,000 recoil cycles on an M21 rifle
Dialed literally thousands>>>>>>>>>>>>>.T H O U S A N D S>>>>>>>>>>>>>> of firing solutions
Been frozen
been submerged in a salt water lake and left at the bottom for a solid month
Been dropped, repeatedly, while bolted to a 16 pound bolt rifle from a height of 36 feet............and NEVER lost it's zero.
I gave it back to Chris a couple months ago because it's serial number 1 and he wanted it for his musuem.

IT STILL WORKS.

Any questions?

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 15:48
It DOES fail when coming in contact with a .458 Lott 300gr soft point traveling at approximately 1750fps at 100yds...
But the ocular is still good...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 15:49
 Yes I have 1. Are they still availiable and if so what is the cost.
 Seems like it is the only optic anyone would ever need because us plinkers/hunters would never put it through the abuse you you did.
froggy
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 17:23
and they call me abusive!
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 17:25
Originally posted by Mike McDonald Mike McDonald wrote:

and they call me abusive!
Speaking of..... How have the Armadillos been lately? Wink

Cyborg
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2009 at 20:39

Are the EXOTIC scopes still being produced???

I was asked about counter sniper...  I do not know how this relates or who makes them...

Anyone?
No one
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike McDonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2009 at 21:17
countersniper=junk

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2009 at 12:25
CounterSniper is DarkOps Holdings. They are a knock off. I have read too many times where someone bought into the hype, and felt later as if they were raped. These scopes are sold through a competitor, and for the money spent you'd be just as well off having purchased a Barska, and saving the extra dough.

Cyborg
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2009 at 12:36
I tracked their (Dark Ops) "cage code" some months back.  Included is also kitchen and bathroom products.  There is no evidence that I can locate that a purchase of countersniper scopes has ever been made by any Government organization using this cage code ...  

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2009 at 12:51
Yeah their claims leave one to be very suspect. I will also say this. I made a pitch to the owner, a Mr. Miller, I forget his first name. He was at one time going to send me a scope for review, then he declined. I am guessing he visited here, and decided that some anonymity was better for business purposes.

Edited by cyborg - December/15/2009 at 12:54

Cyborg
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2009 at 13:02
I think his first name is Frank...

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2009 at 13:13
Yessuh, that is indeed his first name.

Cyborg
Sniper6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sniper6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2009 at 00:05
I have an XOTIC also, I got it about 5 years ago from Chris and it has been an outstanding scope for my needs.
 I have put it through some rough times and it keeps on ticking.
 I think the XOTIC was an outstanding price ($800 I think) for what I got. I have to spend over 2K to get a good FFP scope now.
I have been looking at scopes for my .50bmg and Vortex or Premier seem to be what I want and they are $2000-$2700. 
Some Pics for the OT clan.Big Smile

Edited by Sniper6 - December/28/2009 at 12:59
What a great hobby!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2009 at 07:17
Good looking rig there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic