OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Weather Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

What a difference...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What a difference...
    Posted: December/05/2009 at 18:05
Nov...

5Dec09...

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2009 at 18:16
Is that home KB??

Beautiful!!! Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2009 at 18:20
Thank you... my front and back yard...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2009 at 18:30
thats what it looks like here, only its about 1 degree above zero here right now.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2009 at 19:18
It Snowed in Hoover too, and there wasn't even a run on milk and bread.  James Span must be on Vacation.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/05/2009 at 21:54
Beautiful pics KB, you're a lucky guy.  I'll remember to ask again in February how it is up there when I'm down here shooting in short sleeves though!  Big Grin
Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 10:01
2 degrees this morning with 6 inches of fresh snow. Wind chill is -23. I stopped to pull the neighbors Ford out of his driveway, and helped the pretty blond girl down the street get her car out, and that's it. Staying inside today.Big Smile

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 10:07
It was -18 on my way to work this morning.  My truck never got off low on my temp gauge.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 10:09

Light Snow
0°F
Feels Like
-19°F
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 10:46

14-18 inches of snow last night, temps dropping, more snow and strong winds forecast for tonite.
   Blizzard!
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 13:18
Big time, and its the wet sh*t.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 13:25
Flagstaff had a blizzard warning for Monday, they ended up with 22" of snow in 24 hours. Sure glad I don't work up there anymore! I despise the white stuff.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 18:16
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

14-18 inches of snow last night, temps dropping, more snow and strong winds forecast for tonite.
   Blizzard!
Jealous. Sounds like the kind of snow storm I like. The ones that shut the town down for three days, and everyone is stuck at home. Except the one guy in his big white Chevy out driving around. You have to watch out for the cars stuck in the middle of the road though.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 18:23
Originally posted by trigger29 trigger29 wrote:

Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

Blizzard!
Jealous. Sounds like the kind of snow storm I like. The ones that shut the town down for three days, and everyone is stuck at home. Except the one guy in his big white Chevy out driving around. You have to watch out for the cars stuck in the middle of the road though.

I really don't mind a couple of those every winter. What I hate is when it snows a couple inches almost every night for 3 months, so you're always shoveling and fighting it, driving in it, dragging it into the house, etc.

This was really our first significant snowfall this year, and if it would turn out to be the last, you wouldn't hear me crying about it.

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 19:43
Send it to Alabama.  All I hear from people at work is "gee, I sure wish we would get a REAL snow, you know for days and days".  I say, "no, you don't".  "Oh yes we do...".  Give 'em what they want...

RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 19:49
Help yourself to all you want!

We'll have to charge a 'nominal' fee for the shipping, of course...
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 20:14
I am pretty lucky! We live close enough the real high mountains to go play in it! But hardly ever have to shovel it! The best part of AZ is you don't have to shovel sunshine!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 21:54
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 14:32
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

It was -18 on my way to work this morning.  My truck never got off low on my temp gauge.

got this picture off of the net about 45 miles north of where my dad lives it was cold there
today!!

They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 15:00

I don't know wether to brag or beef. We got flurries and cold, but not as cold as some of ya'll (20 degrees here).

KB as much as I love my place, yours looks beautiful. How far away from town are you?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic