OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex Viper PST Tactical Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 357mag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex Viper PST Tactical Scopes
    Posted: December/03/2009 at 15:19
When will SWFA have them on their site?
I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2009 at 15:20
interesting question i too would like to know!!

CHRIS!!!!!! we need intel dump on isle #1
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2009 at 16:36
We will have the new Vortex Viper PST scopes on our site soon.  These scopes will not be available until next year and will be hard to get initially.

First Focal Plane Models 
Viper PST 6–24x50 FFP Riflescope with EBR-1 MRAD Reticle  $899.95
Viper PST 6–24x50 FFP Riflescope with EBR-1 MOA Reticle  $899.95
Viper PST 4–16x50 FFP Riflescope with EBR-1 MRAD Reticle  $849.95
Viper PST 4–16x50 FFP Riflescope with EBR-1 MOA Reticle  $849.95
Second Focal Plane Models 
Viper PST 6–24x50 Riflescope with EBR-1 MRAD Reticle  $749.95
Viper PST 6–24x50 Riflescope with EBR-1 MOA Reticle  $749.95

Viper PST 4–16x50 Riflescope with EBR-1 MRAD Reticle  $699.95
Viper PST 4–16x50 Riflescope with EBR-1 MOA Reticle  $699.95

Viper PST 2.5–10x44 Riflescope with EBR-1 MRAD Reticle  $599.95
Viper PST 2.5–10x44 Riflescope with EBR-1 MOA Reticle  $599.95

Viper PST 1–4x24 Riflescope with TMCQ MRAD Reticle  $499.95
Viper PST 1–4x24 Riflescope with TMCQ MOA Reticle  $499.95

UPDATE
They are on our site now and we are accepting back orders.  We will not charge you until we ship and you can cancel at any time.  Get in line now to be one of the first.

Here is a low res spy shot.  Dirty Harry

Edited by Chris Farris - December/18/2009 at 12:23
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2009 at 16:55
so will you be taking pre orders then??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2009 at 17:07
Yes, we will be accepting pre-orders to go on back order and ship on a first come, first served basis.

I'll be able to post more once Vortex makes their official announcement.
Jon A View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2009 at 13:43
This is fantastic news!  I'm going to need at least a couple of these.  I can't afford to have a Premier on everything I'd like one on...lately I've been swapping it around from rifle to rifle....    Sad

I really like my Viper 6.5-20X50--excellent glass, tracking and overall quality for the price--but I keep wishing it had a better reticle, that it was FFP, better knobs, .1 Mil clicks and illumination sure would be nice....I guess some wishes do come true!  A 4-16 and a 6-24 with all that under $900?  Wow. 

I almost feel sorry for Leupold.  Nightforce and IOR for that matter as well.   I have a feeling these are going to take a lot of sales.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2009 at 14:39
These are also supposed to have better optics than the original Viper.  Apparently the redesigned a bit and updated.

We'll see when they get here.

ILya
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/04/2009 at 15:03
Jon A, if you really love your Premier, supposedly they are introducing a hunting scope at "half the price." (I'll believe it when I see it, eh?) However, I'd consider one of these for sure, esp. if the turrets are mil too. But who knows, perhaps there will be other contenders in the sub-$1000 marketplace that go beyond 9-10X on the high end. These models are what I originally imagined Vortex would come out with. They're more in line with other Vortex product positioning than the HD. It's a fine scope but positioned in a tiny market that's already saturated with pricey scopes.

Edited by jonoMT - December/04/2009 at 15:04
Reaction time is a factor...
puppezed View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puppezed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2009 at 08:46
Does anyone know the reticle subtensions for EBR-1 reticle and mil-accurate magnifications for SFP models?
opeagle View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 19:43
 Given my current situation, I would love to know more about.............

Viper PST 4–16x50 FFP Riflescope with EBR-1 MRAD Reticle  $849.95

Is there more info available about the ERB-1?
Sam@Vortex View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam@Vortex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 09:05
Hi guys, we will be releasing lots more info on these at SHOT Show, but I can answer a couple of questions.

puppezed,

The reticle subtensions for the EBR-1 are in 0.5mrad increments for the mrad versions and 2MOA increments for the MOA versions.

The designs itself slightly varies from configuration to configuration, simply because the FOV's are smaller on the higher powered scopes. The FFP versions are also slightly different from the SFP versions. And finally the 1-4x24's use the TMCQ (Tactical Milling Close Quarter) reticle. Here is a picture of it:

Mil-accurate magnification is the highest magnification on all SFP models. However, we are employing a unique feature on the SFP models that will allow accurate ranging at other magnifications. There is a click stop at magnification multiples in the mag ring.

For example, on the 4-16x50 the mil-accurate magnification is 16x. However, if you divide 16x by 2, you can simply multiply the reticle subtentions by 2. So, there is a click stop at 8x. If you divide 16x by 3 you simply multiply the reticle subtensions by 3 at that magnification. So there is another click stop at 5.3x. And finally if you divide 16x by 4 you get 4x, so at the lowest magnification you simply multiply the subtensions by 4.

opeagle,

Here is an image of the 4-16x50 FFP EBR-1 MRAD reticle:

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 11:58
Thanks Sam. I am, and I am sure there are several others that are anxious for this newest offering. I like the reticle design, and the choices for FFP, and SFP. Great stuff there.
I want to welcome you to Optics Talk. It's always nice to have those around that represent the products that SWFA sells.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 12:32
Hi Sam, welcome to OpticsTalk!

Thanks for the explanations.  

ILya
Jon A View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 13:42
Excellent reticles, Sam!  Thanks for posting.

Now if you could just tell me when they'll be available!
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam@Vortex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 13:47
Thanks Jon!

We don't have any firm dates yet. The best estimate I can give right now is spring.

-Sam
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 13:57
Looking into a new Savage Tactical in 300 WM. One of these may just find their way onto that platform. It certainly looks to fill my wants for that project.

Cyborg
opeagle View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 14:41
 I am digging the same one I posted about buy my needs are to have it on the rifle prior to April for a class.  Is that spring enough?
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam@Vortex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 14:58
I hope, but I really can't say for sure right now. We're pushing our factory to get these done ASAP without compromising quality. I will update when I know more.

-Sam
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 15:00
Thanks Sam. It's great that we have you here. Be prepared for a lot of questions though.

Cyborg
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam@Vortex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 15:16
No problem cyborg. I'll do my best to answer them.

-Sam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic