OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

EOTech XPS2- on ak47???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrtaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EOTech XPS2- on ak47???
    Posted: November/30/2009 at 17:34
i have interest in quality optics for my new ak 47 what do yall think i wish i had 2000 to blow on acog but no ! this eotech EOTech XPS2-     but it is also $$$$$$$

what about trijicon reflex ? it is also $$$$
hk45
lcp
ak47
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 17:50
Trijicon reflex is a good optic for some situations.  It can wash out (the polarizing filter helps, but it darkens the view significantly.)  The tripower- about which you asked in another thread - is also an option, check to see that it ain't still plastic.

I'd mount an Aimpoint and be done.  If you don't like batteries, trijicon reflex is a good option.

How will you be mounting the optic? 
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
mrtaylor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrtaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 18:04
i will use sampson rear sight rail http://www.samson-mfg.com/ar-15_html/product/AK-RSR1.html check out the link it has good pics so u get a idea its new product never seen it in person but i believe in sampson
hk45
lcp
ak47
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 20:31
this mount will give a really heads up position, and with the drop in an ak stock you may not like it. Also your front site will block some of the sight picture.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 20:31

theres an eo on an ultimak mount, works great.

mrtaylor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrtaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 23:00
http://www.samson-mfg.com/ar-15_html/product/AK-RSR1.html check this link out if u didnt see the rear sight rail for ak 47 now much more balance not front heavy than the one above in the pic  i am forshure using that mount
my ? is what better the eotech or the aimpoint
hk45
lcp
ak47
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 01:22
That depends on what is important to you .  EOTech has wider field of view shorter battery life.  Aimpoint has a patented double lens system that eliminates parallax and means that when you see the dot it is on target no matter what your cheek weld is so considering that mount I would go Aimpoint with a 2 moa dot.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mrtaylor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrtaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 03:09
what do u think about cheaper strike force by vortex ne good compared to aimpoint
hk45
lcp
ak47
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 05:46
ARSENAL THE BEST OF THE BEST... 
No one
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 08:55
the front mounting looks a lot more off balance than it is, the ultimak mount keeps the eo very low -- ak do not have a straight stock like an ar and the sampson site you will be using will sit very high over the receiver, I made one like theirs, out of there B-square mauser mount and used it for many years until ultimaks came along. It relies on 2 bolts going through the slots in the removed rear site, Millet has one also but the metal is too soft., also a tension screw must be used to "strain" against the frame to hold it in one position. Not the most reliable set up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 09:52
The Vortex is "OK."   I bought one right after they came out and it failed the first time in the field.  They immediately replaced it and the second unit worked fine, but I sold it to an OT memeber due to lack of trust.

I like that the Vortex will go red or green.
I dislike that the dot is not as well defined as the Aimpoint.
I never ran a battery down during use so don't know life.
The power switch will be activated if you lay the Vortex down on its left side - which killed one battery.
The 2X screw-on piece was never used, seemed pointless.
The ring that ships with it is crap, mine died while mounting.

If you cannot afford the Aimpoint, the Vortex is OK, the Burris Xtreme is probably a better optic, but the dot is larger.

As said above, the Aimpoint has best battery life, well-defined reticle, and is very durable. The EoTech is faster on target (close-up) doesn't have as well-defined a reticle, and battery life ain't so great, but it has a very nice FOV.

For different things, I like both allot.

Vortex is serviceable, but plan on EoTech or Aimpoint at some time in the future.

"They got this depression on!"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 10:55
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Aimpoint has a patented double lens system that eliminates parallax and means that when you see the dot it is on target no matter what your cheek weld is so considering that mount I would go Aimpoint with a 2 moa dot.

The same applies to both EOTech and Aimpoint.  Basically, the decision boils down to which reticle you prefer and whether you value battery life or greater unobstructed FOV more.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
mrtaylor View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrtaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 14:41
thank so much i still wait tel gun show this weekend in tx ! then maby i get good deal
hk45
lcp
ak47

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 19:59
The show at Brown in Houston?

I too might be there.

Be advised, there is much crap at that show, little good stuff, you might find a good deal, but handle it first, and buy only from a bigger operation, not from some guy.

And don't buy any of the wonder-uber-super-mall ninja optics that show up at that show. Lots of SEAL scopes, lots of Countersnipers, lots of pure crap.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2009 at 22:32
Honestly you are better of to buy from SWFA then if something is wrong you have a chance to get it made right. Gun show guys - here today - gone tomorrow.   Gun shows have a place though anything that doesnt work right I trade off at a gun show.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Avin_111 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avin_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2015 at 06:43
Eotech Better at short range and easier than aimpoint, Eotech is better with AK47 For the reasons - Eotech XPS2-0 Review

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic