OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SAMPLE LIST TACTICAL SCOPES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SAMPLE LIST TACTICAL SCOPES
    Posted: November/29/2009 at 19:33
No one
0311GRUNT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0311GRUNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 21:31
HEY BUDDY, IS THIS SITE TYPICALLY PRICED THIS WAY? THESE PRICES SEEM TO BE MUCH CHEAPER THAN GUNBROKER AND SIMILAR SITE OUT THERE CARYING USED OPTICS......WOULD YOU RECOMMEND ANYONE ELSE FOR HIGH END LIGHTLY USED OPTICS? I WAS JUST IN THE MARKET FOR USO OR NF BUT AFTER SEEING THIS I MAY BUY AN ACOG
You cant hit what you cant see
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 22:04
Originally posted by 0311GRUNT 0311GRUNT wrote:

HEY BUDDY, IS THIS SITE TYPICALLY PRICED THIS WAY? THESE PRICES SEEM TO BE MUCH CHEAPER THAN GUNBROKER AND SIMILAR SITE OUT THERE CARYING USED OPTICS......WOULD YOU RECOMMEND ANYONE ELSE FOR HIGH END LIGHTLY USED OPTICS? I WAS JUST IN THE MARKET FOR USO OR NF BUT AFTER SEEING THIS I MAY BUY AN ACOG

Yes....   Excellent    Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 07:08
Originally posted by 0311GRUNT 0311GRUNT wrote:

ANY-DAY EVERY-DAY AND TWIICE ON SUNDAYS
No one
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 07:09
i ain't your buddy and i ain't your friend...(I'm sure you've heard that, you heard me...) j/k a little instructor talk from the vault...
No one
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 07:51
Reaction time is a factor...
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 09:19
was wondering about that also?
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 09:34
There were some issues with military trials early after the scope's release.

I own one and know several other owners, all turret-spinners, and the initial issues of tracking are no longer appearing in current scopes.

That said, some military units passed on the scopes due to tracking issues.

Like 338, I too am not a "second-chance" kinda guy when life is on the line - especially if it is mine.  I knew there were some issues, I bought anyway, I put mine through its paces thoroughly to check tracking, all went very well.  I know several users, competitive, casual, and military/LE and no one that I know is having tracking problems.

Edited by Rancid Coolaid - November/30/2009 at 09:35
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 10:39
My intent(s) was / were in no way to bash or cut Premier I know most swear by them as the best and they are their favorite manufacturer... Others have been using them for a couple worry free years 

I do not have a favorite brand I do have favorite scopes.

If I were to get a premier put it through the paces have it perform  flawlessly I would or might call it a favorite. 

The statement or question to me is what would I suggest tactically for implementation to defend or secure, etc...

I have found that any manufacturer has warranty issues maybe in assembly maybe in shipping, or either  initial quality in manufacturing of the parts, of the materials used in assembly, or of the abuse of user or of the derative of time and function.

I am not stating that the above listed scopes or the ones I included are impervious to failures.

I am stating that I have seen failures more common in the ones I stayed away from for this very reason so as to not bash them or say they have problems because my sample group is quite limited.

I do not intend to have a relationship with them over the phone about their issues as some do.  I do not state that a great warranty or great support makes a great product.

I know that what they produced early on is not what they produce now and to that I am greatful, are they ready for adoption as a mil-spec contractor or production facility maybe...

I am glad they are still around as an American assembled product and as with all great works are moving forward and improving there testing and products.

the HASS or HALT testing should be implented to  make sure these are really ready.  when it counts you need to have equipment that does not fail, not that you cannot send it back and they will fix it but rather that you never have to worry about a failure.

I would gladly place one on a Paper Puncher or Hunting rig or put one on a 1000yrd rig but I have not had the confidence to suggest that the LEO's or Military Personnel should be as giddy as the paper punching folks.  If anyone wants to send one my way I will use it as they are a very fine piece.

For Instance while not the best glass in the world the S&B's and the Trijicon's are in no way comparative to each other optically but they have stood the test of battlefield tools and have suceeded, some would say so have the MARK IV's but my vote of confidence is not in yet while I own personally 3 of them, 2 lrt 8.5-25x and 1 10x...I just haven't been convinced that I will not face a problem in the future.

Now I am confusing myself but the long and short of it is that I can only suggest what I have complete confidence in. 

I am maybe just stating that since Premier is relatively new as a full production facility vs a re-work or limited production facility specialty house that they have had some issues which have been "adressed or fixed" and are working on building a "heritage" but will not be able to acheive this only time and battle or situational exercises will allow them this...gotta go

No one
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 11:14
Everyone has experiences and preferences that differ, that isn't a problem - and is, in point of fact, what makes Optics Talk valuable.

I couldn't be happier with my Premier, great glass, no mushy clicks, tracks perfectly, and features that do what they should when they should. 

Mileage varies.

Carry on.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 11:19
Thanks for elaborating further. I certainly wasn't accusing you of bashing any of these scopes. I am curious about what data - anecdotal or otherwise - that you have on the Premiers and what has failed. (Yes, I own one but that doesn't mean I'm in love with it). 
Reaction time is a factor...
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 11:20

If my language or the above seems cocky or very opine I have to be sure in myself and my decesions as it lays heavy on my heart.  I have to be confident and must not hestitate or I will fail.

No one
0311GRUNT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0311GRUNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 20:31
Originally posted by 338LAPUASLAP 338LAPUASLAP wrote:

i ain't your buddy and i ain't your friend...(I'm sure you've heard that, you heard me...) j/k a little instructor talk from the vault...

LOL why yes I have heard that one. Love it. The instructor at camp margarita used to say that all the time.
Celer Silens Mortalis
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2009 at 21:00

Congrats are in order Rancid Coolaid just made it one step closer to becoming perfect...

He bought the 3rd scope on this listing and will now be high up in the heavens everytime he takes it out... Now all he will need is smaller bulls to keep him humble...

But on a more serious note.  Hensoldt is by far the best scope manufacturer on our planet and has been known to produce nothing but the finest optics catered with one thing in mind...extermination... unfortuneatly for those caught in its reticle it seldoms lets the shooter down...

No one
0311GRUNT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0311GRUNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2009 at 23:42
[QUOTE=338LAPUASLAP]

Congrats are in order Rancid Coolaid just made it one step closer to becoming perfect...

He bought the 3rd scope on this listing and will now be high up in the heavens everytime he takes it out... Now all he will need is smaller bulls to keep him humble...

But on a more serious note.  Hensoldt is by far the best scope manufacturer on our planet and has been known to produce nothing but the finest optics catered with one thing in mind...extermination... unfortuneatly for those caught in its reticle it seldoms lets the shooter down...

Check-Roge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic