OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Happy Camper - New SS3-9X42

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gardien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Camper - New SS3-9X42
    Posted: November/28/2009 at 18:24

Just got back from the range with my new Remy XCR compact .308 topped with a new SS3-9X42. Leveled and zeroed  2 inches high at 100 yards. When I got home I unscrewed the top turret to zero it and the plastic "Up - Down" ring is not glued down and freely spins arounds the post. I think I read about this same problem somewhere before .

SWFA-Any comments?

Thanks.
Brian
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2009 at 18:27
Why not call them Monday morning?

From the forum ROE.
6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.

Edited by cheaptrick - November/28/2009 at 18:31
Gardien View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gardien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2009 at 18:32

Sorry, please delete.

trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2009 at 18:35
I'm sure you will be taken care of. If you have to post here, you don't know how incredible swfa's customer service is. Call them Monday morning, and they will take care of you.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2009 at 18:40
I don't object to you posting a problem with an item you purchased from SWFA, my friend, and I'll leave it up.
It's feedback from customers like yourself that helps identify a problem so it can be corrected, and I know full well that SWFA wants you to be happy with their product. 

But just to be clear, the procedure is to first call them, if you haven't already, and get it worked out that way.

As an aside, I'm taking the SS -3-9x test mule mounted to my flat top AR out to the range tomorrow for the first time. Evil Black Rifle 

Edited by cheaptrick - November/28/2009 at 18:41
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2009 at 21:13
Braggart...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2009 at 21:32
Originally posted by Gardien Gardien wrote:

Just got back from the range with my new Remy XCR compact .308 topped with a new SS3-9X42. Leveled and zeroed  2 inches high at 100 yards. When I got home I unscrewed the top turret to zero it and the plastic "Up - Down" ring is not glued down and freely spins arounds the post. I think I read about this same problem somewhere before .

SWFA-Any comments?

Thanks.
Brian
I own two of them and I am having some difficulty understanding what you are talking about.  There is one metal screw in the top center of the knob.  When removed one pulls the knob upward turns it to reset to ZERO places it down and installs the screw. None of those are plastic.  Are you talking about the part that has the wording Up & Down on them?  If so that is probably a really easy fix but talk to SWFA and let them help you. These are great scopes and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - November/28/2009 at 21:37

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Gardien View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gardien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 10:09

Yes Urmi. That's what I was referring to and I am planning to call them for assistance. Again, I thought I had read about this same issue somewhere else and was surpried that it happened again to me. I was just trying to share my experience and perhaps should have worded it differently and not make it seem like I was bashing them and trying to get CS. I was curious to know if this was a common issue.

Moving on, not only will I enjoy it, I loved it yesterday. Its a great scope. My very first shot was 4" low and 4" left at 100 yards. I adjusted 1.1 mil up and 1.1 mil right...Bull!

FWIW - I researched scopes for months and decided that SS3-9 is the best quality, value and CS for my purpose and I still believe this to be true. It will forever outshoot me. Everything I've read about SWFA products and service has been nothing but excellent.

Regardless, I apologize if my comments were hasty and poorly worded. I am still a big fan and cheerleader for SWFA.

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 10:18
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Braggart...

Big Grin
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 10:21
Wes, that's such an awesome looking setup you got there!!!  Cool

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Voodoo6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Now With Kung-Fu Grip!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voodoo6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 13:30
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Wes, that's such an awesome looking setup you got there!!!  Cool

Yes, now that it's resized and we can see it.  Big Grin
VERY nice stick, Sir!
"A prisoner of the white lines on the freeway"
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 09:27
IS that a "murse" made out of denim in the background?
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Gardien View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gardien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 09:39

Folks, I just called SWFA and a new SS3-9 is on the way with a Return Authrization for the other. No questions asked. Smile Another example of their reputation for outstanding customer service. Still curious about why the ring was loose though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 16:49
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Them Iowans......they sure are liberated.
That new gay marriage ruling really set them free....Wink  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 16:52

Folks, I just called SWFA and a new SS3-9 is on the way with a Return Authrization for the other. No questions asked. Smile Another example of their reputation for outstanding customer service. Still curious about why the ring was loose though.

Outstanding!

I had the SSV mounted to my AR-15 yesterday and they were a match made in heaven!
And a price that makes ya feel like ya stole it..... Bandito 
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 14:31
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Them Iowans......they sure are liberated.
That new gay marriage ruling really set them free....Wink  

WOW!!!  A man uses an old pair of jeans to make a shooting bag and next thing you know he is labeled a poster boy for the rainbow coalition.  YIKES things move fast.  Might have to go revisit some of my posts.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 14:50

Outstanding!

I had the SSV mounted to my AR-15 yesterday and they were a match made in heaven!
And a price that makes ya feel like ya stole it..... Bandito 

Is there a write up posted yet?  Anxious to how it performed an the AR.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 18:10
No write up forthcoming, SD. 
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 20:10
          Bucky
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2009 at 08:22

No write up forthcoming, SD. 

Really Sad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic