OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

mystery scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elysianfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mystery scope
    Posted: November/27/2009 at 17:28
Can anyone help me identify a rifle scope that I have owned for a number of years?  This scope is odd in several ways.  To begin with, there is no identifying marks on the scope, maker, brand, country of origin, etc...nothing.  Secondly,  the adjustment of the scope requires externally adjusting rings or mounts...no turrets, AO, etc.  Thirdly, the scope has a three post reticle, possibly indicating European origin, yet the body of the scope is 1",  not metric.  The scope had a ring located on the center of the body, between where the rings would attach, and is marked 2.5, 3, 4, etc. to 10.  The objective lense is a bit over 1.5", and the scope is slightly over 13" long.  The body is of anodized aluminum(Blue/black), and the overall quality of the scope, including optics, is good.  I have a pic of the scope, but do not know how to add it to this message.  Thanks
elysianfield
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2009 at 17:33
WETZLAR MADE A FEW 1" SCOPES UNDER THE KARL KAPS "HUNTING NAME" OR "FIELD SPORT" THAT WERE FOR U.S. HUNTERS THAT HAVE THE ADJUSTMENTS YOU TALK OF...
No one
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/27/2009 at 17:47
There are several "older" German/European brands that made scope tubes 1" and 26mm. There is a misconception that euro scopes were majority 30mm. try to post pics or email them to someone who can. I would like to see this one myself.
elysianfield View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elysianfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2009 at 09:15
Huntmaster,
   If you will Email me your address, I will send you the pic of this scope.  My Email address is elysianfield@earthlink.net.  Thanks
elysianfield
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 20:19
I sent an email a couple days ago, still waiting on pics.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic