OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

ILya Koshkin Your Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ILya Koshkin Your Scope
    Posted: November/22/2009 at 21:50
Ilya,
You asked me to post a pic of your Kahles American 3x9x42 TDS on My Bushmaster Predator Varmint Rifle. The Scope is on a LaRue Tactical/M4 Scope Mount QD. I can take the scope off in about 3 seconds and use the filp up front and rear sights for real close shooting situations..The Bi-Pod is just on there to hold it up for taking the pics.. I really like this rifle/scope combo.. Thanks!Wink

Edited by JF4545 - November/22/2009 at 21:51
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2009 at 02:43
Thanks, Julio. 

I think the scope fits the rifle.  It looks properly balanced.

ILya
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2009 at 16:09
Looks good Julio.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2009 at 16:12
You guys are going to get me into those EBRs.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2009 at 18:32
30 dead dogs w/out a reload...Awesome...
No one
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2009 at 22:43
Thanks!
I really like the glass in this scope, very clear, it seems pretty stout as well. I enjoy the light recoil of the little 223,  I can shoot it alot more accurately because of it...Ive got  500 rounds of new Lapua Brass and 500 rounds of Sierra Matchking 77Gr. HPBT's to load up using RL15. This is supposed to be a very good load for reaching way out there on paper. It says not for Hunting use, but I cannot see why a guy could not use it on Mr. Varmint. Gotta Love these AR's I sure hope they never outlaw em again. Would be a pity!! Thanks Again Koskin for the Great Scope Buddy!Wink
edjfadz View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edjfadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2011 at 16:25
I read your report on high end scope comparisons.  I have a question does Swarovski Z5 or Z6 quality, glass compare with a March scope?    Thanks for you opinion.   Dave
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2011 at 18:13
That looks great, Julio.  I really like the Kahles on that rifle.  Slick..
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2011 at 18:37
The rifle & glass only go so far....nice shooting!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2011 at 19:00
Great Rig there Julio that should be awesome.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2011 at 21:34
Originally posted by edjfadz edjfadz wrote:

I read your report on high end scope comparisons.  I have a question does Swarovski Z5 or Z6 quality, glass compare with a March scope?    Thanks for you opinion.   Dave

I have not seen them side by side, but I would expect swaro to have slightly wider FOV and slightly higher contrast, while March will likely have slightly better resolution and flare control.

All of this assumes comparable configurations, of course.

ILya
edjfadz View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edjfadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2011 at 13:25
My main concern is clarity and glass, also could I expect tunnel vision?   I have a Burris Euro Diamond 2.5x10x44 and at 2.5 to 4 it has tunnel vision, and I don't want to end up buying another scope like that.    I leaning towards the Z5 3.5x18x44 BT for my rifle chambered for 300 WBY for a possible Elk hunt in NM if draw is in my favor.  it would also be used a some point for Whitetail in NY (loaded down a bit).  I like 44 bell for low-mounts and 3.5 for wide view at closer animals in 50 to 100 yd range.
Price on Swarovski is $1400, is spending more a scope going to benefit me, thinking of the 2.5x24 March scope.   Thanks again  Dave

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2011 at 13:47
Originally posted by edjfadz edjfadz wrote:

My main concern is clarity and glass, also could I expect tunnel vision?   I have a Burris Euro Diamond 2.5x10x44 and at 2.5 to 4 it has tunnel vision, and I don't want to end up buying another scope like that.    I leaning towards the Z5 3.5x18x44 BT for my rifle chambered for 300 WBY for a possible Elk hunt in NM if draw is in my favor.  it would also be used a some point for Whitetail in NY (loaded down a bit).  I like 44 bell for low-mounts and 3.5 for wide view at closer animals in 50 to 100 yd range.Price on Swarovski is $1400, is spending more a scope going to benefit me, thinking of the 2.5x24 March scope.   Thanks again  Dave

We are probably derailing this thread since this is very offtopic.
How about you start a new thread on this and we'll continue the discussion there.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2011 at 14:12
yea, but it's OLD...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2011 at 14:52
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

yea, but it's OLD...

It is is still a good practice.  A new question, deserves a new thread.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic