OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Redfield scopes on SWFA web site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2009 at 18:02
Double posted.

Edited by Oldtrader3 - December/02/2009 at 19:41
CDR3
Smokey53119 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey53119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2009 at 19:12
These look liked they are less expensive than the Leupold Rifleman. 
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2009 at 09:42
ATK should have bought the Redfield brand.I have to say that ATK has been very good with warranty issues with Weaver products.
Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2009 at 10:55
I know that brands are not animate objects but Redfield deserves better than to be some Chinese parts, bottom-end brand.  Does Leupold realize how many people in my generation had a Redfield scope as their first high quality scope?  I scrimped and saved for months to buy a 2-7 Redfield Accurange scope that cost about $100 at that time (3X what a Weaver cost).

I still have an Illuminator 3-9x40 Wide Field and am sick because I sold another one that I also had for 25 years.  The Illuminator was one of the first US scopes to have modern multicoatings and glass that approached Zeiss and Swarovski.  It is still a sentimental favorite with me.  I will keep my Illuminator until I die.  Now, that is brand loyalty.  something Leupold should not take for granted.  Especially given that I also had a early Leupold 3-9x36 which failed eventually and was exchanged.  The Illuminator is still going strong!
CDR3
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2009 at 12:29
I still have my Redfield ultimate illuminator,it was the best scopeI had back in the late 80's.It was made in Denver USA.Leupold is the WWE of the optics industry. 
farmboykjb5.9 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboykjb5.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2009 at 06:51
I'm just a young pup and i have a widefield on my rem mt rifle that my grandfather bought me about 10 years ago. My dad, grandfather, and uncles all have a bunch of redfields too so i think redfield should get more respect than anybody. If they still made them i would have one on every gun i own.
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 17:41
Got a widefield on a 25-06, and a .270, and an accutrack, or accurange, or something on a .300 win. They are still fair optics. These were purchased right before Redfield went under.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 18:03
Originally posted by HOLLOWPOINT HOLLOWPOINT wrote:

Quote I don't think any lenses are made in the USA period. 

What a bummer! Really Sad

The last American made scope lenses I remember were made for Burris by Plummer in PA. I have a couple of these older Burris' and they are great.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3197/is_n7_v34/ai_7859089/pg_2/?tag=artBody;col1

Plummer Precsion Optics were acquired by Edmund Optics around 2001. http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlinecatalog/browse.cfm?categoryid=11
Who knows what's up now?

Edited by tahqua - November/30/2009 at 18:07
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic