OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

legend or 3200 5-15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: legend or 3200 5-15
    Posted: November/19/2009 at 22:57
looking at 5-15 legend or 5-15 3200. equipped with mildot. is the 3200 worth the price difference.what power does the mildot range on.are they both made in japan?what is the warrenty? can you get a 223 knob for it. i am real hard on equipment so are they dependabile?
never corner something meaner than you are jbc
kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 00:11
http://forum.gunshop.cz/viewtopic.php?t=1243&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

For the money excellent optics manufactured in Japan, everything goes perfectly!

Philippines rather not.

R.
cowski View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 22:43
until reading this forum ,based on my experience, i always  considered bushnell scopes junk.i have only owned the cheap ones .has any one used the bushnell 5-15 elite or legend?i just read a magazine article by gary cook on the elite 5-15. he uses the mildot as aiming points.any one else tried this? 
The Apostle View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 02:28
giuseppe View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giuseppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 02:49
Hello,
I have had both scopes.
Both are worth the money.
the difference in price is justified by the different quality of materials.
The legend does not remember, but the 3200 is built in Japan.
Sometimes Legend turrets are a bit stiff to turn, while the elite go that is a fable.
The mil-dot reticle of Legend is a little too bulky for my taste, I could not tell what is the thickness of the mil-dot of 3200, as I tried the 3200 with the fire-fly and the Multi-X Reticle.
Even from the optical point of view, the 3200 performs better than the Legend. No big difference, but in 3200 there are no obvious distortions at the edges, while in the Legend as you can see in the picture below, shows a slight distortion at the edges (horizontal lines down in the photo).
I apologize for the poor quality of the picture and for the non-precise focus, so perhaps can help
What to say? With Bushnell can be sure that switching from one category to a higher one, we spend more but we have even more.
Now I am about to buy the elite 6500, since I have tried all the series, in particular I am interested in the 2.5-16x42 mil-dot tactical.
regards
Giuseppe

giuseppe View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giuseppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 02:55
Sorry I forgot to ...
up the Legend 5-15x40 mil-dot
follows the Elite 3200 5-15x40 Multi-X
Both scopes set to 9x, distance 34y
Ciao
Giuseppe
kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 04:05
My BE 3200 5-15x40 Tactical, zoom 15x, 30m

It is from my friend BE 6500 2.5-16x42, zoom 2.5x

giuseppe View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giuseppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 04:42
thanks Kesi
I was very curious to see the thickness of the new 6500 2.5-16x42!!
Ciao
Giuseppe
kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 07:30
kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 07:48
Oh, my God, I don´t know what is happening with my last message! Eek I wanted to write to Giuseppe: Sorry, I didn´t realize that you know about the review because you wrote there.

Now I know, it was copied from Google translator!!!! Sorry this was my fault! Embarrased
giuseppe View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giuseppe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 15:24
Thanks for the links Kesi
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 16:47
The more expensive Bushnells are really quite nice the 4200 series scopes have wonderful glass.  Their lower end scopes are useable but not nearly as nice as the more expensive models.  If there is any way to go up to the  4200 or 6500 I recommend you consider them.  The 4-16x40  Bushnell 4200 is one of my favorite scopes.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cowski View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 17:07
urimaginaryfrnd   i read a article by gary cook he used the 5-15 3200 mil dot to make long shots he used it as aiming pts not for range crosshairs 100yds,1st dot 300 2nd dot 400 3rd dot 500 4 th dot 600 top of post 700 bullet has to have a bc 500 and velocity of 2800 i was interested in increasing the range of my coyote kills up to 350yds real reliable to 425 some what reliable past 425 do not shoot   i think aiming points would work better for me unstead of clicks . has anyone else tried this i just need a scope to increase my range 
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 17:49
Of course -  each mil dot is 3.6 inches apart at 100 yds so all you need to do is
 compare your table of balistic trajectory for the bullet you are using and do the
 math to see what dot corresponds to what distance.   The other way to find out
 is to zero the crosshairs at any range say 200 yds then go back to 300 put the
 crosshair on the center of the target and put a hole in the target where that hole
is would represent the amount of hold over needed does it line up to the first dot
or the second or where then you test your theory by using the dot you have
selected as the hold over point and shoot again to confirm.
any system that has known fixed points can be used for hold over at a specific
power.  Where people get in trouble is with second focal plane reticle where
every power change causes the dots to represent a different value.  If  the scope
 mils at 10x or 12x that is where you have to be to use that system.  With a FFP
 first focal plane reticle you can use the mil dots for hold over at any power.  
This works for hold over at all powers.
SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical Riflescope Mil-Dot SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical Riflescope
Stock # - SS39X42
  • Matte
  • First Focal Plane Mil-Dot
  • 30mm
  • OK for .50 cal
  • 0.1 MRAD
$599.95 
Add SWFA SS 3-9x42 Tactical Riflescope to Cart
http://www2.leupold.com/resources/downloads/2009_MilDot_TacMilRet_SPR-Man.pdf  This link shows know hold over for Leupold TMR FFP scopes.  same same it's mil based
Leupold 3.5-10x40 Mark 4 LR/T 30mm Riflescope TMR Leupold 3.5-10x40 Mark 4 LR/T 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - LEU60030
  • Matte
  • Tactical Milling Reticle
  • 30mm
  • Side Focus
  • M1 Target Knobs
  • First Focal Plane Reticle
  • Free Leupold Flip-Open Lens Covers
$1,499.95

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - November/21/2009 at 17:51

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cowski View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 18:05
is any of the bushnells ffp to shoot  up to 600yds do you need over 10x
kesi View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kesi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2009 at 04:05
All Bushnell models of the rifle scopes have a cross in the back focal plane. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic