OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > The Range Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Check'em GOOD and often!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check'em GOOD and often!
    Posted: November/18/2009 at 10:04

Our deer season w/centerfire arms opens this Monday so last evening I was checking my gear out.  Darn scope on my 9.3 had moved forward.  Releveled and moved it back.  TIGHT now.  Just now rezeroed it (was about 1 1/2" right and 3" to high).  All better now.  Darn thing does shoot GOOD. The recoil is minimal but the muzzle does want to jump at the bench.  Anyways,I just thought I'd remind y'all to check things good.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2009 at 10:06
Good reminder. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2009 at 16:19
Always a good idea!

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/18/2009 at 22:35
Need to recheck my 300 after the horse rolled on it. Thanks for the reminder.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2009 at 04:33
Super
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 10:55
This not only pertains to rifles and scopes, but any essential equipment for hunting. Took my Leica Geovids out last night to look at some deer, knowing season opened this morning. I couldn't get a range on deer past 300 yards. I had two new batteries sitting in the gunsafe that I tried, but no luck. I was about to scream when my high dollar rangefinder didn't do what it's supposed to. I went to wally world and got a brand new battery, and it has since ranged things out to 1242 yards. I guess they like brand new pristine off the shelf batteries. Glad I found that out before I left the house.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2009 at 08:02
         Thunbs Up ,T!!!

Talk about waiting til the last minute?  Had two brothers show up LATE yesterday to "just check that they were on".  I always check out guys rifles before we start. Ended up taking the scopes off both rifles(not close to level!),removing electrical tape!and goo off of one,leveling both scopes,retorqueing rings/mounts (everything on one including action screws),cleaning both scopes lenses(so dirty I thought I had cataracts!),boresnaking both,and bore sighting both. Ended up using headlights in the end but got'em on. 

I just LUV this stuff!!!!!!!!!!   Bucky
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2009 at 10:41
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Thunbs Up ,T!!!

Talk about waiting til the last minute?  Had two brothers show up LATE yesterday to "just check that they were on".  I always check out guys rifles before we start. Ended up taking the scopes off both rifles(not close to level!),removing electrical tape!and goo off of one,leveling both scopes,retorqueing rings/mounts (everything on one including action screws),cleaning both scopes lenses(so dirty I thought I had cataracts!),boresnaking both,and bore sighting both. Ended up using headlights in the end but got'em on. 

I just LUV this stuff!!!!!!!!!!   Bucky

Know what you mean., Earl.
 I suggested that my nephew sight in his rifle last Sunday, but he had a football game.
 SOOOO, we end up going to the range on the day before Saturday's opener. There were a dozen cars parked there when we arrived, and having to wait for an open bench gave me plenty of time to administer my anti-procrastination lecture!
 Fortunately everything was good and it went well. A minor windage adjustment and he was done,
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2009 at 11:55
   Yep,that's cuttin it close.  What if...............................!

Thunbs Up    GLAD all went well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic