OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Should Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame
    Posted: November/15/2009 at 22:55
Should Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame??

I believe Rose should never be re-instated into the game to have any kind of an active role on the field or in the clubhouse.  That is his punishment for his crime and more importantly not being honest enought to come clean years ago after he had numerous opportunities to.  He continued to lie over years.  Therefore, he must live with his choices.

However,  I do believe he should be given the opportunity to be voted into the HOF by the sports writers.  Rose was the one of the greatest baseball players on the field in the history of the game.  Probably ranks up there in the top five in my book.  
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2009 at 23:24
Only if Bonds is...   Wink

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2009 at 06:01
if pete cant ever get in for gambling on the game, then bonds and mcguire and guys like that shouldnt ever get in either. im sorry but if gambling on baseball was all pete ever did he is saint by todays standards. let pete in the hall he deserves to be there.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
nightranger View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2009 at 20:49
Bonds is a joke in my mind.  He is everything wrong with sports athletes.  He was once a great player in his early years.  He could of been one of the best alltime before he made his fatal decision to juice.  His hate to prove everybody wrong clouded his judgement and put him on the road to hell.    Rose yes, Bonds no!  
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2009 at 22:43

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2009 at 22:46

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2009 at 22:52

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2009 at 22:55

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2009 at 08:19
"Mr. Baseball", "Charlie Hustle",  deserves to be in the Hall of Fame  This says it better than I...

"Pete Rose may never make the Hall of Fame. If he is truly repentant of his excesses, if he is willing to take responsibility for his wrong behavior, then I personally believe he should be seen for accomplishments on the field and not just his failures off it. If that seems too generous, let’s not forget where we would be without that kind of grace given to us. "
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2009 at 11:41
Betting on baseball is probably one of the worst offenses against "the game" by one person that I can think of (especially when your the player/manager).

It took ol' Pete about 15 years to finally admit that he bet on baseball but I don't think he's come clean about betting on his own team even though the evidence is overwhelming.

Since he was actually on the field playing while betting against his own team, and coaching too, wouldn't that be considered some of Rose's "on the field" accomplishments??  Shocked

I remember seeing him play countless times, yeah it'd be nice to finally see him in.

Edited by mike650 - November/17/2009 at 15:42
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2009 at 11:54

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2009 at 12:23
  Ever since seeing him check that catcher thus ending the guy's(don't remember his name)career I've had no use for the A-Hole.  What goes around comes around.  For me,no HOF for him simply on that incident.

Spent MANY an hour in those bucket trucks!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2009 at 12:33
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Ever since seeing him check that catcher thus ending the guy's(don't remember his name)career I've had no use for the A-Hole.  What goes around comes around.  For me,no HOF for him simply on that incident.

Spent MANY an hour in those bucket trucks!

Ray Fosse... yeah that was brutal...  Dead

Edited by mike650 - November/17/2009 at 12:35
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2009 at 12:35
  THANKS,Mike!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2009 at 15:57
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

if pete cant ever get in for gambling on the game, then bonds and mcguire and guys like that shouldnt ever get in either. im sorry but if gambling on baseball was all pete ever did he is saint by todays standards. let pete in the hall he deserves to be there.
+1

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2009 at 16:10
Originally posted by Trays 7940 Trays 7940 wrote:

Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

+1

-1    Roll on Floor Laughing
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2009 at 16:37
Hey, rules is rules.  If you break the rules, you don't get the honors.  It's that simple... or should be.  Everything in life is governed by rules.  Rules are meaningless if they aren't adhered to.

Pete Rose was a helluva good baseball player, but he knowingly broke the rules.  That has consequences, and he only has himself to blame.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
nightranger View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2009 at 22:23
RifleDude,

You should run for office.  Life would be so much simplier if we just abided by what you said.  And parents were to teach this to their kids.  Of course  the rules have got to be righteous and not some right wing or left wing wacko's rules. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic