OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper HD built in same factory as NF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2009 at 17:14
Gulllppp...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2009 at 17:22
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

True dat......ROLL TIDE!!!!

Dang... that could very easily make me alter my allegiance to my alma mater.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
skeeeter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skeeeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2009 at 17:41
I just got a e-mail from the guy with the 3 scopes that needed to be fixed. He says they were marked "Tasco SSS". That doesn't sound like the Super Sniper I have read about or have.
I again invited him to share his story with us.
He e-mailed that the first one was lost in the mail. but insured.
The second one was fixed and working fine.
The third is being repaired by Bushnell.

I have read how Chris has stood behind his products and it is the MAIN reason I bought a scope brand that was not known to me. Again, I do trust I can count on him and it was never my intention to question his word.

A person or companies reputation means a lot to me. That is why I did not buy a new in box Steyr HS50 for $3000 which is the buy of the year (and has a better trigger than my Barrett 99). I can not stand the fact that Steyr sold these very rifles to Iran and wonder how many Americans fell victims to the rifle and company. I will never buy any of their products. Ron Barrett on the other hand is a stand up guy. It cost me $500 more for the Barrett than for the Steyr and I do think the Steyr is a better rifle though I am not 100% sure.
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2009 at 17:49
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Dang... that could very easily make me alter my allegiance to my alma mater.
Ted, I'm a Texican through and through, or was.  I DO live in Alabama now.  
"Sweet Home, Alabama...".  Got a nice ring to it...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2009 at 18:50

Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Man, do I love this state!!!!!Naughty
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2009 at 07:49
KB, it's not where your feet hit the ground, it's where you bounced to afterward.  LOL

Roll Tide Roll!!!
I do say "Hook'em Horns" once a year, My oldest brother graduated from OU.  LOL!!! 
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2009 at 20:58

Steelbenz is a HIGHLY respected contributor to the OT Forum, a superior shooter and very knowledgeable on shooting optics.  You, on the other hand, are a "new guy" and have not earned your creds, yet.

Nice rig! Mind if I take it on my upcoming hunt?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
cyclops24 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyclops24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2009 at 12:02
I can tell you that 110% Chris stands behind his product. I had an old SS that had small black specs on the glass. Chris said that some of the early SS's had an anodizing problem that caused it to flake off. He had me send in my SS scope (never mounted) that I bought in 2001 and replaced it with a new SS no questions asked 8 years after purchase. I need two more scopes, can you guess where I will be buying them from?
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2009 at 12:16

Steelbenz is a HIGHLY respected contributor to the OT Forum, a superior shooter and very knowledgeable on shooting optics.  You, on the other hand, are a "new guy" and have not earned your creds, yet.

Excellent

Uhhh... what was this thread about again??  Bandito

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
zingpow View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zingpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2009 at 12:59

i'd tatoo my initals on her butt cheeks with hickies...hope this isn't too graphic a statement for anyone, it is however the unmittigated truth...zp...
you can always make more money but you can never buy back the time...

if you can't work through the pain you'll die on the battlefield...
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2009 at 13:03
Speak freely, Sir!

Hell, you'd have to be "quar" not to approve of your appreciation of Bama football.  Naughty
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2009 at 20:25
Just remember, for every really hot girl, there is a guy that is tired of her B.S.!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
Stonewall View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stonewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2009 at 20:16
"use purple Lock-Tite which I can not find so I will use blue.
"

Find the purple lock-tite -this will keep the screws from moving and allow some adjustment or removal.
Look in yellow pages under industrial supply .

Stonewall
skeeeter View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skeeeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2009 at 21:33
I found the purple Lock-tite at Midway Shooters Supply but I am sure Brownells has it too.
Barrett told me not to use any Lock-tite but if I did it to use ONLY purple. I ended up listening to Barrett as they know their rifle much better than me and the scope and screws have not moved at all. I guess the 35 "/lbs for the cap screws and 65 "/lbs for the base nuts really locks it all down. I even put a very small dot of white dope on the screws and scope where it touches the rings and no movement seen.
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Shenko View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2009 at 13:26
I have nothing to add to this thread.

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2009 at 15:09
Tasco SS and SWFA SS are different from everything I have read, correct me if I am wrong but either way. 
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2009 at 15:30

good lordShocked
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2009 at 10:36

If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Sandracer View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2009 at 10:43
Now that is one nice looking scope!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic