OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

.270 ammo change ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaeleblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .270 ammo change ?
    Posted: November/07/2009 at 14:34
hey guys i am about to go buy a case of bullets for my .270 and i am going to site her in with a new scope. i use to shoot federal with a silver jacket and it had a copper tip with a plastic ballistic tip on it. also shot the same one with a copper jacket and the yellow plastic ballistic tip. i am looking to stay with federal i guess. and i was looking at shooting the tripple shock  tips. or the same ballistic tips i was shooting before but i dont know what version they were
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2009 at 15:43
What are you hunting?
shaeleblanc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaeleblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2009 at 16:15
deer and hogs i have had great sucess with this federal 130gr with the yellow ballistic tip and the copper jacket i went to the store today and was told they dont sell that one anymore. so i am looking for something close to it.
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2009 at 19:29
I've had really good results with the 140 grain nosler accubond.  I think federal loads them in their premium ammunition brand.
shaeleblanc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaeleblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2009 at 22:48
i will look at them also.
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2009 at 23:56
Originally posted by ckk1106 ckk1106 wrote:

I've had really good results with the 140 grain nosler accubond.  I think federal loads them in their premium ammunition brand.

I have shot those in my 270 as well, and had great results.  In fact they have knocked down two deer already this year.  Great bullet.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic