OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

just ordered the Zen ED

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_freeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just ordered the Zen ED
    Posted: November/06/2009 at 19:56
I just ordered the Zen Ray ED 10x43 from ZR I took a lot of time researching this purchase. A few things that helped me decide were,  if I can get real ED glass in a truly waterproof bino shipped for under $400.00 it's a real value, close to half price for same value of other proven brands. I figure ZR is working harder, designing better and being more competitive to make inroads into this market, and now is the time to buy ZR ED glass. In a few years if they prove durable like some Chinese products do, I suspect the deep discounts will be gone. The Chinese have been manufacturing optics and cameras for quite a while now, so I figure I probably hit it at just the right time. I would have gone for the ED2 but I am hunting this week. Another reason I went with the ZR ED is because I haven't found any negative reviews online only great reviews. In this day of instant PR online that says something in favor of ZR for sure.  I have a backpack hunt coming in a few days so hopefully I'll find my Muley Buck---will advise. If the ED are as good as expected I am sure I will trade up to the ED2 while the discounts are around. I hope they make 15X bino with alpha quality glass for real long range glassing.
m_freeman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_freeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/21/2009 at 09:59
well after a few weeks of hunting with these ZR ED all I can say is WOW! I have been in the field using them in different lighting and distances and they are *amazing* for the price point. I was watching a doe about 200 yards away on a hillside at dusk the sun backlit the mountain she was on so she was in shadow the ZR ED was so good it resolved the hair on her tail. I threw up a cheap pair of $80.00 binos to compare and you couldn't even see the doe! I have comparing the ZR ED in the field to my Zeiss Conquest rifle scope and the ZR ED is noticably better glass than the Conquest scope, in some cases I would be able to view with the ZR and not make the shot because of lens flare in the scope. I suspect a sunshade on the scope would remedy this. I hope ZR makes a 15x soon
Zen-Ray View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zen-Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2009 at 13:00
Originally posted by m_freeman m_freeman wrote:

I hope ZR makes a 15x soon

m_freeman, thanks a lot for the feedback.  As for 15x, we are listening...Smile
Charles
Zen-Ray Optics
Follow us on Facebook
Bird Watcher View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/22/2009 at 16:24
A 15x56mm, like the Vortex Kaibab or the Swarovski SLC, would certainly be a welcomed addition to the product line, especially with ED quality.  Big Grin  Big Smile
Heavishot View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavishot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2009 at 12:10
Originally posted by Bird Watcher Bird Watcher wrote:

A 15x56mm, like the Vortex Kaibab or the Swarovski SLC, would certainly be a welcomed addition to the product line, especially with ED quality.  Big Grin  Big Smile
+1

15x56 ZEN ED2 would be a great compliment to my 7x36!

Edited by Heavishot - November/30/2009 at 12:22
biggreen747 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 15:17
Charles: I keep reading about the possibility of a 9x36.. Any truth to that rumor...
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
Zen-Ray View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zen-Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/02/2009 at 19:23
Originally posted by biggreen747 biggreen747 wrote:

Charles: I keep reading about the possibility of a 9x36.. Any truth to that rumor...

We have that model in the roadmap. But it will be well into next year until we have the development done. Thanks
Charles
Zen-Ray Optics
Follow us on Facebook
biggreen747 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/03/2009 at 05:57
Thanks - I'll keep checking back and hopefully you will have one by October...
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic