OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

IOR 1.1-4x26 Tactical

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baronplt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IOR 1.1-4x26 Tactical
    Posted: July/31/2005 at 14:33

Has anyone used the IOR 1.1-4x26 Tactical Scope? I'm looking at it and the Leupold 1.5-5x20 Mark 4 MR/T.

I hear good and bad about IOR. I'm not sure I like the SPR recticle in the Leupold either. Any insight would be

helpful. People using these tell me what you think, good and bad.

Thanks

fenian15 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fenian15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2005 at 17:51
I had 2 IOR scopes...the M1 and M2...very nice glass on both of them.  These were the fixed 4x BDC models for .223 and .308.  I did not get a chance to try out the BDC, as my range only goes out to 100 yards. 

These scopes are great glass for the money, but my problem was eye relief, or lack thereof.  On the .223 model, it's not bad...but I got clocked in the glasses more than once by the .308 model on my FAL.  Another inch of eye relief and that scope would be great. 

Sorry I can't help you specifically with the model you're talking about...I know someone on another board  who just sold the 2 he had...I could ask him why he did. 

Almost everyone I've talked to about the QBC reticle on the IOR has liked it a lot.  I *didn't* get that, and I kinda regretted it.

I ended up selling both mine last week...the .223 because I just got an Accupoint in 1.25x4, and the .308 model because my FAL isn't really accurate enough to have a scope on it...it's a kit gun build, and does about 2moa or worse.

Plus, I'm going to holosight/aimpoint on most of my ARs...keeping 2 with scopes, (3 if you count the Accupoint)...one with a Burris FF II 3x9 w/ illumanated ballistic plex, and the other with a 10xSS.  I may grab another low power varaible to try out, either a Leupy or the Weaver 1x3. 

ots03 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ots03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2005 at 18:45

IOR 1-4X26 is a far better choice than this model of leupold.

IMPORTANT: they are two models of 1-4x26 one with the reticle in the first plane ( in the model FFP at lowest magnification the reticle almost cant bee seen ), and the other with the reticle in the second plane CHOOSE THE IOR WITH RETICLE IN THE SECOND PLANE !

paulosantos View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulosantos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2005 at 13:36
I also have a IOR 1.1-4x26 and I really like it.  I had a Leupold 1-3x14 CQ/T before and the scope was really nice except that there was no bullet drop markings on the reticle like the IOR or the Leupold 1.5-5x20 MR/T. 
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2005 at 13:57

Originally posted by fenian15 fenian15 wrote:

These scopes are great glass for the money, but my problem was eye relief, or lack thereof.  On the .223 model, it's not bad...but I got clocked in the glasses more than once by the .308 model on my FAL.  Another inch of eye relief and that scope would be great. 

Uh, yeah I had the same deal with a 2.5x10 Tactical IOR and a .300 Win mag.

Bad mojo!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic