OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Valdada 1X Edge Red Dot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riverrat373 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Valdada 1X Edge Red Dot
    Posted: November/05/2009 at 22:41
Sorry, I hit the wrong button and posted my inquiry before I was finished! I'm interested in the Valdada 1X Edge Tactical red dot sight for my Ruger Mini 14. Any comments would be appreciated.Big Grin
danjojoUSMC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2009 at 02:58
It seems kinda goofy to have target-type knobs on a red dot sight...that belongs more on a riflescope that has at least some magnification.  It is difficult to hit targets past 300 yards without magnification...and you don't need any adjustments with your Ruger Mini-14 at that range, just very slight hold over. 

The 5 MOA red dot would limit your range as well....covering about 10.5" of target at 200 yards. 

I think the guys using Aimpoints with a 2 MOA dot have the right idea...the whole "aim small, miss small thing".  For more speed close up they just turn up the brightness and it appears as a 4-6 MOA dot.

If you ask this in Rifle Scopes or Tactical Scopes you will have a good shot at getting some good answers and direction from the guys who have much experience with different red dot sights.

Good luck

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be"

"Every part of life comes into focus just as you are about to pull the trigger."
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2009 at 13:08
This is probably a wrong part of the forum to post your question in.

Here, you would typically post your own review of a particular product, so I will move this thread to a better place.

As far as Valdada Red Dot sight goes, it is pretty new, so not a lot of people have seen it.  I have talked to a couple of guys who have it and they say it is a well-made sight.

To me it looks eerily similar to Burris XTS-135, so if you find reviews on that red dot sight, they will probably also be applicable to Valdada.

ILya
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2009 at 13:09
Oh, and I removed the other thread you started, since you reposted it here.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic