OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

2.5x20 Leupold on rimfire rifle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.5x20 Leupold on rimfire rifle
    Posted: October/30/2009 at 13:58
I would like to mount a Leupold FX II Ultralight 2.5x20 on a .22 rifle. I am guessing that the parallax on these scopes is adjusted at 100 yards from the factory. Does it make a difference in 2.5x power? If i hunt or shoot targets at 50 yards with a 2.5x scope with wrong parallax, does that mean lots of error? 
  Thanks
John Barsness View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barsness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2009 at 15:58
I justed tested one for parallax at 50 yards and couldn't find any. There isn't much parallax in such a lower-powered scope anyway.

Out of curiosity, what are you planning to shoot with a 2.5x on a .22 rimfire?
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2009 at 06:16
Thank you for your reply. That is good news.

I have a pair. One is the CZ 550 FS in 6.5x55, which wears QD rings and a Leupold VX III 1.5-5x20, the other is the CZ 452 FS that needs a similar scope and QD rings.

Both rifles have Timney triggers adjusted for 2.5# pull, and both handle, point, and balance very similarly - though there is a difference of 2 pounds of weight between them.

By now you know what i want: lots of inexpensive training with the rimfire for better shooting with the centerfire - under realistic field conditions (off shooting sticks, off hand, prone, kneeling, sitting, and off hand after running 50 yards and stopping). And lots of fun. With the .22 I will be shooting the 1.5" orange sticker targets, and the occasional ferral cat. 

With both rifles i will be able to take the scopes off and practice with similar open sights. 

Edited by anweis - November/01/2009 at 06:24
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic