OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Craig Boddington sold his soul to the devil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2009 at 10:54
Originally posted by Al Nyhus Al Nyhus wrote:

Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

There are a lot of police departments that are cutting back. Tulsa just layed off 17 officers and grounded both Helicopters to save money. The bean counters Smokingin purchasing will find the cheapest thing that meet preconceived parameters. Advertising sales to the uninformed or in this case the un-uniformed.

In the case of equipment that may be used in a shooting situation, the attorneys for the city will make sure that's what's issued will be "normal and customary" equipment when compared to other cities. This protects the office and city in the event of a civil suit brought by a shooting victim and/or their family/dependents. The use of factory ammo only by police depts. is another example of this.

The attorneys have it right, in this instance.    -Al

You speak with much authority, but I wonder what your sources are?  I know many LE shooters, some have nice gear, some have a deer rifle with a 3-9 Leupold.

Many LE shooters have gone through a 2-day training course and not failed, so now they ride with a .308 in the trunk.  (Granted, these are small towns, but the point remains.)

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but beware of the, "Ready, Fire, Aim" thing, if you don't mind.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
KY Hick View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY Hick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2009 at 19:59
I was going to ask anybody here if they knew about the new T/C Warlord. I was out of town on a delay and picked up the first G&A mag I have have in a long time (38 now 17 then) nothing but ad's hated it, Nov 2009. But T/C has a new Tac rifle the Warlord, and it looks real nice. I have a T/C 10/22 Benchmark model and it is the most accurate rifle I have. I love it and ground squirells hate it. But the cover pic of the rifle (yes it made the cover) had a Counter Sniper scope on it. I asked about these along time ago, and got nothing good. I did the same on other forums with the same output. I did not buy a SS, but if I was deciding again I sure wouldnt buy a CS scope. If it wasnt for my father getting me a Leo MK4 for Xmas I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE SUPER SNIPER!!!!!!! I really hate to see products like that get mixed in with products like T/C they got it going! I have heard nothing but good things about there rifles, and there 10/22 I would take back to war with me I luv it! I dont know where my advice is going but fawk CS scopes and luv TC rifles. BUY SS or spend what you want!

Say what you want but I LOVE MY T/C 10/22 Benchmark more than any gun I got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2009 at 20:58

Actually, more LE guys than you know aren't "gun guys." 

I have met very few cops who know or care much for guns. (One was a pretty young lady who didn't ever want to fire her 12 gauge 870 trunk gun because it "scared her, and she would never use it in an emergency, anyway".  Whacko 
 Also, it really is disturbing to me to see how dangerous some of these guys are when handling firearms, sweeping the muzzle, finger on triggers, not clearing weapons when handing them off to others, etc.
 I'm starting to form the opinion that, generally speaking, cops should not be issued weapons at all. If they think they need one, and have to buy it out of their own pockets, they'll want to do some research and learn enough about them to be semi-proficient, hopefully. If they aren't willing to do at least that much, both they and the public are probably safer if they only carry mace and a radio. I'd be interested in hearing what you guys think about that.
 And before any of you cops start complaining about stretching you salary dollars as it is, without having to buy a gun every ten or fifteen years, I can assure you that a lot of professionals in many fields spend a lot more than one or two percent of their income on the vital tools of the respective trades.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2009 at 21:04
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

Actually, more LE guys than you know aren't "gun guys." 

I have met very few cops who know or care much for guns. (One was a pretty young lady who didn't ever want to fire her 12 gauge 870 trunk gun because it "scared her, and she would never use it in an emergency, anyway".  Whacko 
 Also, it really is disturbing to me to see how dangerous some of these guys are when handling firearms, sweeping the muzzle, finger on triggers, not clearing weapons when handing them off to others, etc.
 I'm starting to form the opinion that, generally speaking, cops should not be issued weapons at all. If they think they need one, and have to buy it out of their own pockets, they'll want to do some research and learn enough about them to be semi-proficient, hopefully. If they aren't willing to do at least that much, both they and the public are probably safer if they only carry mace and a radio. I'd be interested in hearing what you guys think about that.
 And before any of you cops start complaining about stretching you salary dollars as it is, without having to buy a gun every ten or fifteen years, I can assure you that a lot of professionals in many fields spend a lot more than one or two percent of their income on the vital tools of the respective trades.

i can see what your saying ron and agree to a point, but as a fireman and a first responder, i will also disagree with your statement. sometimes we get called out to what i call "scary situations" i prefer that the guys with guns diffuse the issue before i have to show up. we dont carry guns, and more and more im reading stories where firemen are getting shot at scenes. i totally agree with the points you make concerning the fact that if they put their own money into a service weapon they might take more time to become properly trained to use it etc.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2009 at 22:23
Ya Ron I have spent several thousand over my career in tools that get used for a week or two every year, then back into the garage! But I cannot support sending unarmed police out into public. While I would appreciate more training, that is not going to happen anytime soon with the current sentiment in this country. It is a crying shame that if most police officers show anything more than basic proficiency with their firearms and then are in lop-sided shoot out(they all should be) they are branded as assassins and run over by the liberal media, so that they are guilty before ever reaching trial! Even if cleared of any criminal charges there reputations are normally ruined. Ok rant over!    
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2009 at 22:28
Another problem with making them buy their own is those same people who don't care much about guns will be carrying hi point pistols and other junk and when they need them to save a life or something they will not perform at all.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/07/2009 at 16:53
 I'm not advocating a disarmed police force, guys. Quite the opposite. I want a responding police officer to be as serious with his weapon and as capable as a Bill Jordan, Jeff Cooper
or Frank Hamer.
 I know that's unrealistic, but my point was that perhaps the issue of total weapons competence would then be addressed by the individual officer than by the Department.
 Your probably correct in saying that my proposal wouldn't work.
 Supertool73 's point about cops buying the cheapest weapons available would probably be the result.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic