OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > The Range Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Coming soon to a range... somewhere

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2009 at 17:14
I fired 38 rounds of 458 WinMag today.  20 loaded by BigDaddy, 15 of the rounds that came with the rifle, 3 of the DG rounds, just because I love it.  Brandon's rounds grouped very well, all within 1MOA, but there was a BIG variation between the 4 loads.  I am most impressed with the 300gr soft points loaded at 2500fps...  Big surprise, right??   It is always a good day when one can shoot until the ammo runs out...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2009 at 17:33
 My hat's off to you Dan.
Anybody who shoots half a hundred .458 in an afternoon, for fun, from a bench, scares me a little!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2009 at 18:15
Ah, then let me put your mind at rest.  Wasn't from a bench, but from prone sitting and standing positions, mostly prone...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2009 at 20:30
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Ah, then let me put your mind at rest.  Wasn't from a bench, but from prone sitting and standing positions, mostly prone...

I'm sorry Dan, I know I've asked this before but I forgot....

What are you, again?        Stare

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2010 at 17:45
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I'm sorry Dan, I know I've asked this before but I forgot....

What are you, again?        Stare

I've been doing some offhand shooting with Elvira.  Only 100 yards, but I'm holding under 1MOA.  Fired 5 consecutive rounds Friday, all within 1in circle.  The SS10xHD really complements the rifle.  I'm making a trip to Fla in Jan and will get to try out all the new Anzio hardware.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic