OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Which bushnell elite 3200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which bushnell elite 3200
    Posted: October/29/2009 at 19:05
I have a buddy looking to buy a scope for his Browning bolt action 7mm mag. Knowing him he is not wanting to spend a bunch of money. Around here alot of people will spend 800 to a 1000 one a good gun but hate to spend over 100 on a scope. Just pisses me off. Oh yeah I shot the Browning and asked if it had been cleaned so I could start fresh to sight it in for him. He said no. I asked if he knew how to take the bolt out. He said no. I told him well when you clean it clean it from the action end and not the muzzle end, so you don't mess up the crown of the barrel. I said so you never took the bolt out so you must have been cleaning from the muzzle end, he said no I DON'T EVEN OWN A CLEANING KIT.Shocked You got to be kidding me. He's had the rifle for at least 10 years. Now you know what I'm dealing with. Anyways. So I told him there is alot of praise on the bushnell elite series. Would the 3200 be good for this gun say in a 4-12 power, all he does is deer hunt with this gun. What's ya'lls thought on this. Give some opinions to work with. Thanks guys.
I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2009 at 19:34

I've dealt with a few like your friend before. LOL  Can be frustrating!

The price of a 3200 4-12 is $320 at SWFA.  If it was me I'd go another $80 for this:

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2009 at 19:57
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2009 at 21:20
Bushnell made a Elite 3200 with a 3-9x50 30 mm tube with a post reticle.This scope has given me many years of good deer hunts.The post reticle is very good in low light.
lewwetzel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewwetzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2009 at 21:36
Either the 3200 has gone downhill or it was overrated in the first place. I have a 7-21X Elite and am not that impressed. Just had it and a 6-18 Buckmaster out on a gloomy evening for a side-by-side; the Nikon resolution and light-gathering were much better. Also, after using side focus for a while, AO seems like kind of a pain. If your buddy doesn't hunt much in wet weather and might not miss the Rainguard, the Bush. Legend is almost as good as the 3200 for several $ less, and lenses are still fully multi-coated.
hawkman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/06/2009 at 21:59
Well I finally talked my buddy into buying a new scope for his Browning 7mm. I told him about the bushnells scopes but he decided to purchase a Zeiss 3-9x50 Z600.Excellent Going to take the Nikon off of the Browing 7mm and put it on his sons Remington 270 bolt action. His son is needing it pretty bad. I was going to sight in his sons gun that has a simmons scope on it. Well I got the gun setup on the bags first then went to check for paralax. HOLLY CRAP!!!!! Without touching the gun looking thru the scope I moved my head side to side and the crosshair would acutally move off of the 48"x48" cardboard target at 100yrds. Thats terrible!! Not only that but when I would turn the power ring which is a 3-9, I could not get both. If I could see the crosshair I couldn't see the target or if I turned it to see the taget then the crosshair would fade out. WhackoI just told him I wasn't going to waste my time or his ammo. So now he has a new Zeiss coming and his son will get his Nikon. Oh!!! I almost forgot he is going to be proud owner of a gun cleaning kit to. Proud to see the gun will finally get a good cleaning for the first time in it's life. I'm wondering! Has his truck ever seen a oil change.Big Grin 
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2009 at 06:49
  GLAD to see he bought what could probably be the last scope he'd ever need.  Of course that's no fun but I hope you get my point.

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2009 at 07:42
Originally posted by hawkman hawkman wrote:

I have a buddy looking to buy a scope for his Browning bolt action 7mm mag. Knowing him he is not wanting to spend a bunch of money. Around here alot of people will spend 800 to a 1000 one a good gun but hate to spend over 100 on a scope. Just pisses me off. Oh yeah I shot the Browning and asked if it had been cleaned so I could start fresh to sight it in for him. He said no. I asked if he knew how to take the bolt out. He said no. I told him well when you clean it clean it from the action end and not the muzzle end, so you don't mess up the crown of the barrel. I said so you never took the bolt out so you must have been cleaning from the muzzle end, he said no I DON'T EVEN OWN A CLEANING KIT.Shocked You got to be kidding me. He's had the rifle for at least 10 years. Now you know what I'm dealing with. Anyways. So I told him there is alot of praise on the bushnell elite series. Would the 3200 be good for this gun say in a 4-12 power, all he does is deer hunt with this gun. What's ya'lls thought on this. Give some opinions to work with. Thanks guys.

Maybe he will take $50 for the rifle.   Bucky
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
hawkman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2009 at 20:10
Well got the Zeiss 3-9x50 Z600 mounted up today on the Browning A bolt. Very happy with the fit. Between the barrel and 50mm objective you can slide a piece of paper between them but not a post card "perfect"  about as close as you can get without touching. Using 2 piece Leupold mounts High rings. Good info in case someone is looking to do the same setup on a A-bolt. Haven't got to shoot it yet, probably this weekend. This is the first time to actually get to look thru a Zeiss conquest. Amazing clarity in the glass. The Z600 reticule is smaller than I thought it would be. While I have the Zeiss with me I think I will compare it with the 10HD I have on my rifle. From what I can remember, in the daytime I don't think I will see much difference but I will look and compare them together. I know the Zeiss will probably be better than the 10HD on low light  but not by much. I will report back and give my opinion. Of coarse opinions are like a@#holes everyones got oneBig Grin.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2009 at 20:24
Originally posted by lewwetzel lewwetzel wrote:

Either the 3200 has gone downhill or it was overrated in the first place. I have a 7-21X Elite and am not that impressed. Just had it and a 6-18 Buckmaster out on a gloomy evening for a side-by-side; the Nikon resolution and light-gathering were much better. Also, after using side focus for a while, AO seems like kind of a pain. If your buddy doesn't hunt much in wet weather and might not miss the Rainguard, the Bush. Legend is almost as good as the 3200 for several $ less, and lenses are still fully multi-coated.

other than the lens coatings they are the same scope pretty much.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
hawkman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hawkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2009 at 17:35
Well today I finally got to sight in the Zeiss 3-9x50 Z600. Glass looked good and clear. Compared it with my 10HD Super Sniper scope and to tell the truth I didn't see much if any difference in clarity. This was done on a pretty sunny day. I'm sure the Zeiss would come out better than the SS towards dark, plus it having the 50mm obj. I like the Zeiss don't get me wrong but I would not trade my SS for it. The reason being is the paralax. I know it's paralax free at 300yrds but I sighted it in at 100yrds. At 9 power and adjusting the eye piece I could never get rid of it. The only way to calm down the dancing reticule was to turn it down to 5 or less. So in a way I was a little disappointed with it. I like to dial up the power and see as much of the bullet hole as possible. I'm sure this scope shines better at longer distances but didn't have a longer range spot to try it. So in my honest personal opinion I would take another 10HD SS any day over the Zeiss. I'm sure the Zeiss would please someone else but I myself won't buy one of these types.
The Apostle View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2009 at 20:22
The way our Aussie dollar is travelling at the moment compared to the U.S. Dollar (almost at parity) I thought, to hell with the 3200, i'm getting a 4200!!! I've got a 2.5-10x40 and a 4-16x40(SF) on order.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic