OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

NEW LEUPOLD VX3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAVE44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2009 at 14:26
Hey Chris, the scope is listed for sale by a private party on another forum. If I could buy it new for that price from an actual buisness I would just price match it and buy it from SWFA.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2009 at 14:42
Originally posted by danjojoUSMC danjojoUSMC wrote:

Does anybody else not like the Gold Ring? 

I upgrade all my scopes prior to the hunt......

danjojoUSMC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2009 at 14:45
good one Big Grin

if it ever goes down you should try to send it to Leupold like that just to hear what they say in response, bet they'd have a good laugh for a long while.

Edited by danjojoUSMC - October/30/2009 at 14:46
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be"

"Every part of life comes into focus just as you are about to pull the trigger."
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2009 at 14:46
Laugh Above  Roll on Floor Laughing
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2009 at 14:49
it aint roys first rodeo
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2009 at 15:41
Originally posted by danjojoUSMC danjojoUSMC wrote:

good one Big Grin

if it ever goes down you should try to send it to Leupold like that just to hear what they say in response, bet they'd have a good laugh for a long while.

Or they could dissect it for R&D.
danjojoUSMC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2009 at 15:47
Bow
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be"

"Every part of life comes into focus just as you are about to pull the trigger."
John Barsness View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barsness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2009 at 15:53
cheaptrick,

The Leupold specs for the eye relief on the VX-3's are for a maximum of .9 difference between highest and lowest powers. I have tested three of them so far (two 3.5-10x40's and a 2.5-8x36) and they tested .3 , .3 and .4 difference between high and low.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2009 at 18:38
Originally posted by John Barsness John Barsness wrote:

cheaptrick,

The Leupold specs for the eye relief on the VX-3's are for a maximum of .9 difference between highest and lowest powers. I have tested three of them so far (two 3.5-10x40's and a 2.5-8x36) and they tested .3 , .3 and .4 difference between high and low.

Yes Sir, I believe you. 
The unit I tried and in the pic, came as SWFA's test mule for The Test Drive program. http://swfa.com/Leupold-45-14x40-VX-3-Riflescope-P12688.aspx
I didn't measure it, but I moved my head more fore and aft than I like. I'd recon an inch or a tad more.     

Not knocking the scope, I liked everything else about it John, but I just prefer fixed eye relief.    

Edited by cheaptrick - October/30/2009 at 18:41
Ant264 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2009 at 05:29

Reason why I switched to Leupold was because of there customer service is A1. If you are going to spend the bucks you need good service to back it up.

Just dont buy a Tasco eeek!
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2009 at 06:51
The Tasco Super Snipers are good scopes,I owned a Tasco Titan that was made in Japan that lasted on my Mini 14 for thousands of rounds.I also have owned a Tasco that was total junk made in China that broke after a 100 shots from my Ruger 10/22.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic