OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sightron 3-12x42 model?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eman308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sightron 3-12x42 model?
    Posted: October/28/2009 at 16:51
Just bought a rifle on GB and it come with this scope. I dont think its a S2, but cant find any info on a Sightron 3-12x42 other than a S2. Any ideas of what it is?
Thanks,E.
eman308 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eman308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 16:55
pic 2
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 17:16
Does it have any writing under the front scope cap?  My sightron does.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
eman308 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eman308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 17:21
Just bought it today, so I dont have it. I was just hopen some body would recognize it.
E.
257WM_CDL-SF View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 17:24
it  looks like a SII to me  the SII big sky dont say Sightron,It has the S logo
eman308 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eman308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 17:48
Yeah, its weird. The focus ring looks like a S1, the caps look like S2. Thing is it has Sightron on the side and not the S medallion. Early S2 maybe? Guy says he shot the gun 10rds and I got  the combo for $445 shipped. I was try'n to see what the scope was worth, to figure out how i did on the deal.Wink
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 17:52
Drop Sightron an email and ask them.

Welcome to Optics Talk!   
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 17:54
It is likely an S2.

There were also some early Sightrons that precede the S2/S2/S3 distinctions, but they are essentially S2.

ILya
eman308 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eman308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 17:59
Hows the quality? I plan on it be'n a gen purpose huntn rig, nothing taticool. From what I've gleened they seem to be ok, right? Thanks for the welcome!
E.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 18:01
Check it out when it gets there.  These are pretty good scopes, so if it was not abused, you should be good to go.

ILya

------
Edited due to a typo pointed out by another local goof

Edited by koshkin - October/29/2009 at 01:23
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 20:21
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Check it out when it gets there.  These are pretty good scopes, so if it was not abused, you should be goof to go.

ILya
 Ilya! Shame on you!
Calling the new guy a "goof" and telling him to "go" was COMPLETELY uncalled for!
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2009 at 01:23
Better now?
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2009 at 18:58
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Better now?
 Yeah I guess so, but it lacks the "fun factor" of your first version!   Big Grin
  But that's okay, 'cause I'm still feeling a bit goofy.  Bucky

(Sorry to be a nuisance. I normally ignore minor spelling errors, but that one just struck me a bit more humorous than most!)
Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2009 at 21:26
My S2 3-12 mil-dot is now discontinued.Any of the 42 objectives were most likely an S2 model.These scopes are made in Japan and are nice scopes.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic