OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell customer service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ngross10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell customer service
    Posted: October/27/2009 at 16:04
I have heard a lot of bad reviews about the customer service from Bushnell, and I have to say that I sent back a scope chief Vl that the warranty was expired on and they sent it back to me only after they totally refurbished and adjusted it and sent me a coupon for 30-40% off on my next purchase of bushnell products , so to say that I am happy with how they treated me as customer is a understatement. I will be using this coupon to pick up more of their products for sure.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2009 at 16:09
I had one interaction with them, when I used the "no questions asked 100% money-back guarantee" on my tactical 4200.  They said I'd have my refund in 6-8 weeks, I think I had it in 3.

I liked the experience.

Enjoy the scope.  Screw the naysayers.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2009 at 16:14
I have had good experiences with them as well.  I have returned a couple scopes for repair and had them back within a month of so.  Problems fixed and they have worked great since.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2009 at 18:54
  Good for them!
 I hope a lot of folks in the optics businesses see this, and realize how important customer service is, and how much more consideration is given to it when choosing which optics to buy in tough economic times.

lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2009 at 19:13
I think alot of it has to do in your approach, most people to respond well to demands, kindness and respect goes along way.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
ngross10 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ngross10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 07:47
Yeah, when I sent it back I pretty much asked them if there was anything the could do to fix it and let them know that I expected to pay for the repairs, and took care of me.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 10:30
One of the things I like about Bushnell is that I've never had to send anything back.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
1911man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1911man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2009 at 11:16
I sent a Simmons (divison of Bushnell) AETEC back over a month ago and have not rec a repaired or replaced scope yet..............................

Personally I have received much better service from Leupold, Burris, Nikon and Trijicon. They all make scopes that break.................but have to say I have never had a problem with a Bushnell 4200 and very few with Leupold riflescopes (most of my problems have been with their binos)
Bill Wilson
www.wilsoncombat.com
1911man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1911man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2009 at 08:50
Spoke a few hours too soon, a replacement AETEC was in the UPS delivery Fri afternoon. Replaced no ?s asked with my only expense being round trip UPS.
Bill Wilson
www.wilsoncombat.com
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2009 at 09:00
  GOOD to hear!  I've got a Banner Dusk to Dawn to send back for a friend.  It lasted only 7rds on a .308 hvy bbl'd Handi-rifle.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
ngross10 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ngross10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2009 at 16:05
They were the same way with me, didn't hear from them and then boom scope UPS  and totally refurbished.
ngross10 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ngross10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2009 at 16:10
They will take care of you on the banner, mine was out of warranty by 10 years probably and they still took care of me . Great company to deal with. I am going to use my coupon  mon. to order 3 more scopes and a range finder from them.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2009 at 17:17
  Packaged and going out in the morning.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic