OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

ACOG 6X

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 15:17
I clicked on one of the links and it opened up to a wall of pistols and rifles.. I would like to see all of them as well pleaseShocked
tombirdman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tombirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 15:21
I have the new "MSAR STG556 E-4." 
I love it!  Improved trigger.
In the old days I use to have Steyr Augs, including select fire with 9mm conversion.  They weren't any better than the MSAR's and, even then were much more expensive.
I have an FN FS2000 and FN PS90 as my other Bull Pups.
I like them alot.  Really comfortable to shoot and carry.  My favarite is the MSAR but I really like the others too.  Enough so that I will hold on to them tell I die.  My wife can then worry about getting rid of them.
I did the EO Tech sight and added the flip to side 3x magnifier on the Sig 556 Swat.  On my MSAR I did the EO tech and added a MAKO 5x magnifier with flip to side EO Tech mount.
The Mako is a good deal - 5x compared to 3x, adjustable focus copared to EO Techs non adjustable focus.  Macos mount sucs so best to get a quality flip to side aftermarket.  Companies like LaRue, etc. sell them but not cheap.
Boy, when I get started I really wonder.  
SORRY!
Tom
gun collector, sword,knife collector, cigar smoker
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tombirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 21:05
The FN FAL is super acuratr and the M1A Supermatch shot some impressive groups at Camp Perry, without the optics of course.
The optic is a 10x bdc Hensoldt scope.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2009 at 00:15

The M1a is the one I was liking.  I do think it needs some kind of cheek piece thought. 

As for the 6x ACOG I feel like it is overpriced, I like it but its out of my price range.  I like .308 better than .223

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tombirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2009 at 11:34
Me too.

308 is far supperior and the pre ban M1A Supermatch is a tac driver.  I had the 10x Hensoldt on it but my mount was not that steady so I moved it to my FAL and just use the M1A with the NM sights.  It's kind of fun

The 6x Acog has come way down in price.  I think it's about $1,500 -600 with the doc and protective leaves for the doc.  Could be wrong but that's what I am starting to notice.

I agree on the cheek piece, especially if I had it scoped.

Tom
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tombirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2009 at 17:51
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

ACOGs are the bomb, for mid range shooting, but you are stuck with a single power.  Great glass, crazy durable, the the reticle options are awesome as is the illumination.

Never seen an Elcan, but they sure seem like they would give you about as close as you could get to the best of both worlds in one optic.

Glad to have someone with your experience join the forum.  Hope you stick around and spread some of your knowledge and I hope those in the know can help you out as well. 
Big Smile

The horizontal lines that go across the vertical line are suppose to equal average shoulder length at that distance.

Tom
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tombirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2009 at 17:59
Originally posted by tombirdman tombirdman wrote:

Me too.

308 is far supperior and the pre ban M1A Supermatch is a tac driver.  I had the 10x Hensoldt on it but my mount was not that steady so I moved it to my FAL and just use the M1A with the NM sights.  It's kind of fun

The 6x Acog has come way down in price.  I think it's about $1,500 -600 with the doc and protective leaves for the doc.  Could be wrong but that's what I am starting to notice.

I agree on the cheek piece, especially if I had it scoped.

Tom
Loco

I apologize - I am wrong !  The 6x ACOG with the DOC sight and wings is about $2,200.00.
It is what I want but I am not sure I want it that bad !!!

It looks like the best thing thing out there in ACOG, you always pay for the best,
It is new, you always pay for new

I am just not sure I am the guy to pony up the bucks ???

Tom
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2009 at 18:10
Coffee

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - November/13/2009 at 18:13

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tombirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2009 at 13:27
I talked to a David Spencer at Trijicon today.

He thin the TA648 is out of line for a rifle.  It was designed for MG.  It's weight and size, he said, is almost prohibitive.

Tom
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2009 at 13:31

THATS RIGHT...

No one
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2009 at 13:32
50 BMG TO FOR MOVING MATERIAL TARGETS...
No one
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2009 at 16:14
Might I suggest one of the 4x ACOGs. Their not great for close up work, but more versatile than an Aimpoint.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tombirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2009 at 17:40
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Might I suggest one of the 4x ACOGs. Their not great for close up work, but more versatile than an Aimpoint.
What it has come down to is :

1.  TA31DOC-W
2.  TA31TRD-W
3.  TA31ECOS

I have limited it to these three.  I want the RED DOT for cqb.  I want the wings to protect and keep the Red Dot sight from being bumped.

The DOC looks like it's just a little better made but I am not sure it's worth additional $$$.

Tom
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tombirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/13/2009 at 18:02
Some pictures of my son in his getup.URL=http://s968.photobucket.com/albums/ae167/tombirdman/?action=view&current=IMG_0249.jpg][/URL]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic