OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swaro AV Brightness? TDS Reticle Etched?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swaro AV Brightness? TDS Reticle Etched?
    Posted: July/26/2005 at 17:24

Howdy!

I have really enjoyed this forum in the brief time I have been lurking here.  I have learned a lot and look forward to learning more.  I appreciate the maturity and civility which is shown and the friendly tone that seems the norm.

I am considering a trade up to a Swaro AV as my #1 deer hunting scope.  I can be a little tough on this gun (although I try to take good care of it) and was wondering about the toughness of these scopes.  My gun is a 300 Win. Mag., so in addition to bouncing around chasing whitetails and hogs and elk, etc., the gun will punish the scope a little with recoil.

I want the TDS reticle and I understand in the PH these are etched.  Are they also etched in the AV?

How about the overall toughness of this scope?

I am going with this combination for reticle and brightness, but I never dreamed I would consider such an expensive scope.  If the Zeiss Conquest had a bullet drop reticle, I would strongly consider that route as it seems to me the most scope for the money, but the TDS (or something similar) is a pretty big deal to me.  My Burris balistic plex has thrilled me in terms of making longer accurate shots, but I think the additional low light ability of a Euro. might justify the extra money.

Thanks for information, opinions and thoughts.

BobbyD

sdm1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2005 at 12:00

BobbyD,

I called Swarovski and asked them that very question. The TDS reticle is etched, regardless of the scope model it is offered in. PH, AV, or Kahles scopes. All are an etched reticle. The AV, and Kahles AH models feature wire reticles in all other styles, but the TDS is etched.

BobbyD View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2005 at 14:23

Thanks, sdm1.

That is a big plus for the AV line in my book.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic