OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

NIKKO STIRLING SCOPES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NIKKO STIRLING SCOPES
    Posted: October/23/2009 at 10:31

Does anyone outhere have practical experience with these... I am looking for personal experience.  Maybe this will kick things off "Stirling meets a 338LM" 1:9.5" 350AP...

No one
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2009 at 10:51
I have had some feedback in the Diamond discussion but I am looking to talk about these from the manufacturing aspects to the practiacal  aspects as it is they produce junk and quality... 

Is that the major detraction that they produce a $20 22 or airsoft scope and scopes for the higher end market capable of higher energy abuse $1000 range...

Has anyone done a side by side comparison.  I just was informed that they are not in the Bushnell/Leupold mid/high range.  Well why is this?  Is it quality of the the design or glass or exactly what... 

Yes they make mush sloppy turrets and they have  issues with the low end but the higher end scopes they are producing are optically pleasing.  I know they do not have the best support but I believe that distributors such as SWFA will go the extra mile if a problem should arise.

I first and foremost would not consider this an alternative for the couple or few thousand dollar scope but I would say that for the "typical" paper puncher or mid-long distance shooter they could be considered as having decent clarity with the longest range of any scope in the price range of 700-1500...

I am thinking these are a good price point scope alternative for those wanting to put holes close to each other at long distances without the FOV being multiple long yards vs short yards...

They do not replace the need for expensive optics but they could be sufficient for the 20-40 times a year shooter just targeting paper for leisure...

No one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic