OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SPS makes me look bad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SPS makes me look bad
    Posted: October/22/2009 at 14:26
For some reason, I pulled one shot out of every 3 shot group I attempted Sometimes it was the first shot, sometimes it was second, sometimes it was third.

The wind was horrible, and its been years since I shot a real rifle

I was impressed with the performance even with cheap Magtech ammo, but my hand loads were way more consistent.  Heres the last two groups I shot, before heading out.

I didnt get to measure them, and my stomach has been killing me all day, so I just headed out.  Cant wait to get some more range time with it, and see how bad of a shot I am at 200, 300+  Eventually Id like to start shooting at 600, but I think today made me realize how much practice I really need.
zac_ereman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zac_ereman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2009 at 15:25
I'm not sure, but the first picture looks to me like you fires when you inhaled on that one shot.  Could be wrong though.
"Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2009 at 16:13
The groups will tighten up after some practice. What hand loads are you going with?
hotshot View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2009 at 17:55
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

The groups will tighten up after some practice. What hand loads are you going with?

I think those were 44grns 4064 with a 168grn SMK.  Id have to double check.  The wind was bad, so after I got it sighted in, I shot about 6 more shots and packed up
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2009 at 18:17
what power is your scope set on??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2009 at 18:25

You are probably right to wait for less wind, but soon you will want to practice in the wind.  Those last groups looked pretty good. 

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2009 at 02:43
Try Varget with those 168gr. SMK's sometime too.
hotshot View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2009 at 07:35
I got some loaded with varget also just didn't shoot any. I'll make another trip soon hopefully

my scope is a fixed 10x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic