OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OMG!!!! Say it ain't so.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2010 at 09:10
For all of those thinking of leaving California for better places, you'd do well to not even think of considering Oklahoma as an alternative place to live.
Pay no mind to the legions of CA license plates all over the place- those are probably just people passing through.
There is no game around here and no place to hunt, the weather is awful, fish are small and scarce if you can even find a place to drop a hook. There aren't any jobs unless you have an "in" and those don't pay anything at all.

The women are troublesome and the men don't take kindly to those who treated their far away cousins so roughly during the dust bowl era and who persist in using the term Okie.
Be prepared for a hard smackdown if that term is ever used around here.

If you come out here to look around, you'd better practise up on the terms "fixin' to" and "pretty soon" and your meal at the I-40 truckstop (as you pass quickly on through the state) oughta be Chicken Fried Steak, or the locals will spot you as the prunepicker you really are.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2010 at 17:30
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2010 at 20:46
Originally posted by Alan Robertson Alan Robertson wrote:

For all of those thinking of leaving California for better places, you'd do well to not even think of considering Oklahoma as an alternative place to live.
Pay no mind to the legions of CA license plates all over the place- those are probably just people passing through.
There is no game around here and no place to hunt, the weather is awful, fish are small and scarce if you can even find a place to drop a hook. There aren't any jobs unless you have an "in" and those don't pay anything at all.

The women are troublesome and the men don't take kindly to those who treated their far away cousins so roughly during the dust bowl era and who persist in using the term Okie.

If you come out here to look around, you'd better practise up on the terms "fixin' to" and "pretty soon" and your meal at the I-40 truckstop (as you pass quickly on through the state) oughta be Chicken Fried Steak, or the locals will spot you as the prunepicker you really are.
To bad you live in the other side of the state. Its better in Green Country. I make a good living off the people from California over here and welcome them. HowdyI have no problem catching fish either. A sour addititude may be rubbing off on your bait.Big Grin
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2010 at 21:19
BanditoEd, Whos House is that? Have You Found Your Cat Yet?
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2010 at 22:28
Good think i plan to leave california shortly after 2011
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 00:25
Originally posted by JF4545 JF4545 wrote:

BanditoEd, Whos House is that? Have You Found Your Cat Yet?

That be Bigdaddy's house. 

All cats present and accounted for.....except for one runaway who is hiding upstairs somewhere illegally.  

Edited by Ed Connelly - January/06/2010 at 00:26
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 06:23
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Originally posted by Alan Robertson Alan Robertson wrote:

To bad you live in the other side of the state. Its better in Green Country. I make a good living off the people from California over here and welcome them. HowdyI have no problem catching fish either. A sour addititude may be rubbing off on your bait.Big Grin

So you let the cat out of the bag about fishin'.
Next I suppose you'll tell 'em about all the good huntin' or all the good lookin' gals and pretty soon you'll have 'em comin' from all over the place, even back east.
No, wait... they're already flockin' here in droves.
Oh well. So much for keepin' it all to ourselves.
Cool   

Psssst  OT forum members are all welcome, of course.
We know good people when we see 'em.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 16:36
I hear they have smaller deer in Florida than Oklahoma, but I am not sure of anywhere else. As far as the women....well if you laid them out it would take 3-4 California gals to stack up to one around here. I do mean around.

I would love for more of those eastern Yankees to come out . Need more targets.Sharp Shooter   Shocked 
Ed don't count. He was only transplanted to Yankee land.

Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 20:14

I hear they have smaller deer in Florida than Oklahoma, but I am not sure of anywhere else. As far as the women....well if you laid them out it would take 3-4 California gals to stack up to one around here. I do mean around.

I would love for more of those eastern Yankees to come out . Need more targets.Sharp Shooter   Shocked 

Yeah, like my pal asked me the other day if I knew what had 5 teeth and six tits?
His last three dates...
He'd picked some good ol' big 'ns instead of his usual outings with big ol' good 'ns.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/06/2010 at 20:56

Main Street           Hooker, Oklahoma!!      Bandito

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 08:09

But they do have a gator season!
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 10:34
I would like to bag a Gator or 2.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 11:42
Wrong gator!
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 12:31
You hunt what you want. I hunt what I want.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2010 at 12:33
fair nuff
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic