OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sarah Palin to appear on Oprah Winfrey Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sarah Palin to appear on Oprah Winfrey Show
    Posted: October/21/2009 at 10:43

Sarah Palin To Go On Oprah, Winfrey's Fans Aren't Pleased

By Noel Sheppard (Bio | Archive)
October 20, 2009 - 18:21 ET

Having been shunned by the daytime talk queen before last year's elections, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has decided to finally go on "Oprah" in November.

As announced moments ago at Oprah.com:

In a world exclusive, Oprah Winfrey will interview former Alaska governor Sarah Palin for an episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show to air Monday, November 16, 2009.  Winfrey and Palin will meet for the very first time on the episode, which will mark Palin’s first interview to discuss her upcoming book, Going Rogue: An American Life and her first-ever appearance on the Oprah show.  

Unfortunately, judging by some of the comments being left at her website, Oprah's fans are not pleased:

• I am so disappointed that Oprah is helping sell Palin's book . I thought you were above that Oprah.I am soo disappointed in Oprah for giving Sarah Palin airtime. I will no longer be watching the show.
  • Please, Oprah....don't do it. I don't understand how you would choose to give her any more air time than she has already had. She doesn't deserve to benefit from the choices that she has made. Don't become like the rest of the media. Stand up for you beliefs. I am all for allowing people to speak their mind, but don't let your show be part of the publicity that helps her in anyway get another political position. You always use your show to promote good, don't stop that now.
  • I'm a huge Oprah fan! But I will not watch this nutty lady from Alaska and anything she might have to say. What are you thinking Oprah? Ratings? Maybe not!
  • So "Barbie" Palin surfaces again - not that she's out for the $$ nor self-aggrandizment or anything like that. I'm amazed that she merits being on your show when she seldom can speak a complete sentence or deliver one that makes any sense. We all know that she was not the actual author of the book - gave her input, yes, but didn't actually put together the words. Well, the boys will be happy to look at her again - cause they sure aren't listening to her blathering. I'm sorry you're giving her the recognition she does not deserve.
Such a tolerant bunch, dontcha think?

—Noel Sheppard is the Associate Editor of NewsBusters.

Edited by Ick - October/21/2009 at 10:44
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 11:27
her fans dont know sh*t anywho.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 11:41
Concise as always pyro - on the money.
God save the Empire!
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 12:07
lol.  Good observation Pyro.

Apparently this is an 'Oprah" strategy to gain back viewers she lost after endorsing Obama...... especially since Oprah subsequently REFUSED to interview Sarah Palin.  Her viewer #s dropped after those two things and have not recovered since.  Oprah may feel she has to do this in order to regain the lost ground.

... so apparently SOME of her viewers have some sense about them.  I wonder if it will help Oprah's # viewers improve in the long-term or will people see this for what it is.... Oprah attempting to pander to a lost crowd.
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 12:28
i dont care that oprah doesnt like the "wasilla bulldog" fine whatever, but if she is going to publicly insult her and not let sarah defend herself that is wrong. problem with oppie is that if she told her millions of viewers to jump off a bridge building mountain whatever im betting at least 1% would do it.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 14:06
Oprah is just a classic example of a liberal who will sell what ever to whom ever for what ever as long as they get paid and appear favorable to over 50% of the population.  They/she don't stand for anything but themselves.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 14:22
I don't see why people dislike (maybe even hate) Sarah Palin so much? Maybe I could go ask go ask a liberal and they could clear that up for me....doubt it though!
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 14:30
Try talking to one of these first.  You might find it more informative.

If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 14:50
That rock needs a rifle with quality optic featured.... leaning up against it.
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 19:55
Oprah audience............spread the hate......

Do WE CONSERVATIVES e-mail our folks and castigate them for interviewing Nancy Pelosi??

No......we just tell our wives to shut the ******* TV off so we don't have to listen to that lunatic!!!   Bucky     We do, however, still believe in Free Speech.......and in the MUTE BUTTON.  
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 20:00
As Rush Limbaugh says.......the Lefties always telegraph who it is that they are most afraid of........

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2009 at 10:37

Ziegler Offers Olbermann $100K To Debate About Sarah Palin

October 23, 2009 - 10:27 ET

Sarah Palin documentarian John Ziegler has offered Keith Olbermann $100,000 if the MSNBC host invites him on "Countdown" to debate issues related to the former Alaska governor.

According to Mediate, Olbermann made some remarks on his show Monday about Ziegler's recent scuffle with the American Conservative Union's David Keene at the Western CPAC conference last Saturday. 

In characteristic Olbermanese, the host said Ziegler was "defending his own crush" meaning Palin.

Mediaite's Tommy Christopher caught up with Ziegler on Tuesday who had the following to say about Olbermann:

Wow. That is even more bizarre than I thought it would be.

First, if Olbermann really had ANY interest in knowing what motivated this (which he asks his not even tangential guest about several times) why didn’t he just ask me about it? If he was afraid I would destroy him in a live interview (which of course I would) why not do one on tape? If he didn’t want to give me the face time, why not at least speak to me off the air?

The real answer is that this had nothing to do with the Republican Party per se but rather a call for authenticity in the leadership of the conservative movement (those are different things). At one point Olbermann claims that I am motivated (bizarrely, moments after substantiating some of my other inquires of Keene) by “defending a crush.” For the record, my passion for defending Sarah Palin has nothing to do with any of her womanly qualities.

This may shock people, but my defense of her is not even politically based. It is motivated purely by the level of unfairness of the coverage of her. I honestly believe that I would have reacted the same way if she were ugly and a Democrat (not that it would have ever happened to her if that was the case), but I can understand why Olbermann couldn’t possibly understand such principled consistency or being motivated by something other than one’s own self interest and/or what they feel in their pants.

I will make this offer to Olbermann. If he has me on the show to debate Palin-related issues, live, for a full hour, I will pay his favorite charity $100,000, which is more than any profit I am ever likely to make from my film “Media Malpractice.” This offer is 100% real.

Will Olbermann accept?

Stay tuned. 

Edited by Ick - October/23/2009 at 10:39
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2009 at 19:45
Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

Oprah is just a classic example of a liberal who will sell what ever to whom ever for what ever as long as they get paid and appear favorable to over 50% of the population.  They/she don't stand for anything but themselves.
+1 Excellent

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2009 at 20:34
Originally posted by Ick Ick wrote:

Sarah Palin To Go On Oprah, Winfrey's Fans Aren't Pleased

October 20, 2009 - 18:21 ET

Having been shunned by the daytime talk queen before last year's elections, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has decided to finally go on "Oprah" in November.

As announced moments ago at Oprah.com:

In a world exclusive, Oprah Winfrey will interview former Alaska governor Sarah Palin for an episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show to air Monday, November 16, 2009.  Winfrey and Palin will meet for the very first time on the episode, which will mark Palin’s first interview to discuss her upcoming book, Going Rogue: An American Life and her first-ever appearance on the Oprah show.  

Unfortunately, judging by some of the comments being left at her website, Oprah's fans are not pleased:

• I am so disappointed that Oprah is helping sell Palin's book . I thought you were above that Oprah.I am soo disappointed in Oprah for giving Sarah Palin airtime. I will no longer be watching the show.
  • Please, Oprah....don't do it. I don't understand how you would choose to give her any more air time than she has already had. She doesn't deserve to benefit from the choices that she has made. Don't become like the rest of the media. Stand up for you beliefs. I am all for allowing people to speak their mind, but don't let your show be part of the publicity that helps her in anyway get another political position. You always use your show to promote good, don't stop that now.
  • I'm a huge Oprah fan! But I will not watch this nutty lady from Alaska and anything she might have to say. What are you thinking Oprah? Ratings? Maybe not!
  • So "Barbie" Palin surfaces again - not that she's out for the $$ nor self-aggrandizment or anything like that. I'm amazed that she merits being on your show when she seldom can speak a complete sentence or deliver one that makes any sense. We all know that she was not the actual author of the book - gave her input, yes, but didn't actually put together the words. Well, the boys will be happy to look at her again - cause they sure aren't listening to her blathering. I'm sorry you're giving her the recognition she does not deserve.
Such a tolerant bunch, dontcha think?

The only want you to be tolerant of them... It's all about them...

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2009 at 20:41
Originally posted by Monster Monster wrote:

I don't see why people dislike (maybe even hate) Sarah Palin so much? Maybe I could go ask go ask a liberal and they could clear that up for me....doubt it though!
She has some morality... Shes not a fake... She likes to hunt... She shoots guns... She's good looking and heterosexual... Whats not to like about her? 
Have a friend at work, who said he hated Bush.  I asked him to tell me why he hated Bush... He said, " I just hate him!" 
Liberals don't have reasons...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic