OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Target is a WIMP!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Target is a WIMP!!!!
    Posted: October/17/2009 at 09:23
I find this both sad and funny! 
Might I suggest Groundskeeper green instead?

A Southern California immigrant rights group on Friday asked Target stores and a costume company to stop selling an "illegal alien" Halloween costume it said is offensive to immigrants.

The costume features the mask of an alien with a green card and an orange jumpsuit with "illegal alien" written across the front.

Angelica Salas, executive director of the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles, wrote emails to Minneapolis-based Target and Wisconsin-based BuySeasons, Inc. calling the costume "distasteful, mean-spirited, and ignorant of social stigmas and current debate on immigration reform."

The group said it also planned to send letters to other companies that are selling the costume.

Target is removing the costume from the site after receiving several complaints, company spokesman Joshua Thomas said Friday. The store never intended to sell the outfit but included it in its online offerings by mistake, he said.

Like I said...Target is a WIMP!

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2009 at 10:03
Smoking Bandit  Roll on Floor Laughing  

Edited by cheaptrick - October/17/2009 at 10:46
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2009 at 10:40
Furious 

Wish I could laff but it's to darn sickining. The country I loved is dead.Sad Pacer
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2009 at 11:04
Target is not a wimp... Target is anti-American and totally anti-2nd Amendment, anti-hunting.  When is the last time you bought any hunting supplies at a Target?  They sell no guns or gun products and no hunting products. 
They are owned by a French consoritium, btw.  I have not shopped for ANYTHING at Target in many years, nor has anyone in my family.  We don't go there...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2009 at 12:01
Luckily there are no Targets convenient to my stompting grounds.  Come to think of it, I never really cared for Target's product line, the few times I have shopped there.  From my background in retail, I would have to agree with you that their product selection list has an usually offcenter feel to it, some common things were missing!

Edited by budperm - October/17/2009 at 12:04
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2009 at 12:08
UNFAIR TO THE UNDEAD.....

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2009 at 15:52
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

UNFAIR TO THE UNDEAD.....

Well don't just lay there Edula!
Form a Undeads Rights group and start Lobbying!!! 

You can push for continued Retirement Benefits from the big corporations after death and nantional undead health benefits with increased long term undead disability benefits! Devil

Edited by budperm - October/18/2009 at 15:53
--Thomas Jefferson

Preston View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2009 at 18:46
Jerry Springer
"I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace."
Thomas Payne, Revolutionist
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2009 at 23:00
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Target is not a wimp... Target is anti-American and totally anti-2nd Amendment, anti-hunting.  When is the last time you bought any hunting supplies at a Target?  They sell no guns or gun products and no hunting products. 
They are owned by a French consoritium, btw.  I have not shopped for ANYTHING at Target in many years, nor has anyone in my family.  We don't go there...
I will go out of my way to buy any where else too. I HATE TARGET!!!!!!!
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 06:38
Go ahead Billy, tell us howe you really feel!
--Thomas Jefferson

Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2009 at 05:52
Never have liked target...
I would have liked to have seen a picture of the costume though... Bandito

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic